Options
I have some medysis shares - what are they worth ??? please

Comments

• JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 January 2011 at 11:05AM
    Options
    ... You really should know how to find out the share price if you do hold shares...

Anyway, if you are referring to Medisys plc, then they are no longer called that. They are now called "MDY Healthcare plc". A quick glance at London Stock Exchange site said that a share of MDY closed at 24.50 pence yesterday. Just multiply value by amount of shares. :)

Joe
  • rayroy
    Options
    thanks joe,

I purchased 4877 medysis shares, were these reduced when they become MDY Healthcare plc ???

or do i have 4877 still x 24.5p ???

Thanks
    ray
  • JoeCrystal
    edited 29 January 2011 at 1:26PM
    Options
    rayroy wrote: »
    thanks joe,

I purchased 4877 medysis shares, were these reduced when they become MDY Healthcare plc ???

or do i have 4877 still x 24.5p ???

Thanks
    ray

Well, did you hold them as share certificates or in nominee account? If you do hold them as share certificates then you should get new share certificates with updated company name on them. And the amount of shares outlined in the share certificate will tell you that. A quick look at the announcements suggest that it was diluted by placing of new shares when they was admitted to AIM, but that should not change the amount of shares you hold.
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The current value of MDY shares depends on when you bought them, as there was a 1 for 50 consolidation in May 2007.

So if you bought them before that date, you now only have 97 shares worth 22p each, (which was Friday's closing bid) totalling £21

If you bought after May 2007 you will still have 4877 shares worth 22p each totalling £1073

Whatever value they are now it's going to cost around £15 to sell them
  • JoeCrystal
    Options
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    The current value of MDY shares depends on when you bought them, as there was a 1 for 50 consolidation in May 2007.

So if you bought them before that date, you now only have 97 shares worth 22p each, (which was Friday's closing bid) totalling £21

If you bought after May 2007 you will still have 4877 shares worth 22p each totalling £1073

Whatever value they are now it's going to cost around £15 to sell them

Ah thank you for that information. I must have miss it somewhere. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family