Tax on shares

Options
13»

Comments

• whatyadoinsucka
    Options
    a very brave move which pulled off, i once bought QXL shares as they were going to rival ebay in 2000/2001 it never happened !

i'd advice you diversify, and not put all your eggs in one basket, as penny shares are extremely risky, one bad trade will wipe out many good trades

I'm quite embarrased working in the telecomms sector i should know about this PTT, had to read up on wikipedia.
    It looks likely this company will be taken out by a telefonica or vodafone in the near to medium term, I'd personally hold a few shares, take your investment and a good profit out and keep the rest in

i thought the next big things was 'Wireless' hotspots the cloud / bt openzone and soon to be O2, so as to reduce the traffic on the 3G networks, the plug in 3G base untis/receivers are becoming more popular also for those who can never get a signal
  • Robster88
    Robster88 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    a very brave move which pulled off, i once bought QXL shares as they were going to rival ebay in 2000/2001 it never happened !

i'd advice you diversify, and not put all your eggs in one basket, as penny shares are extremely risky, one bad trade will wipe out many good trades

I'm quite embarrased working in the telecomms sector i should know about this PTT, had to read up on wikipedia.
    It looks likely this company will be taken out by a telefonica or vodafone in the near to medium term, I'd personally hold a few shares, take your investment and a good profit out and keep the rest in

i thought the next big things was 'Wireless' hotspots the cloud / bt openzone and soon to be O2, so as to reduce the traffic on the 3G networks, the plug in 3G base untis/receivers are becoming more popular also for those who can never get a signal

Yea luckily my gamble paid off. I agree diversifying would be a good way of mitigating the risks, I doubt I'll be this lucky again ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure