Unicom , who is right?

Options
Hi
We signed a Unicom 3 Year Fixed Line Telecommunications Agreement on 26.07.2006 and on 18.01.2010 i wrote to them to cancel my account as we had decided to switch to TML.

TML assured me that there would not be a problem, so we went ahead.

I am now in a major dispute with Unicom as they issued me with a Termination Fee of £215.04 - this has since incresed to £342.61 as they keep adding charges.

They have now issued me with a Final Notice of County Court Proceedings.

Does anyone know if i have any rights or do i have to give in and pay?

I have not gone back to TML to complain that they have wrongly advised me - mostly because the agreement was done over the phone so i have little if no proof of the conversation.

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    It is not for TML to advise on your contract with Unicom and probably their comment that it would not be a problem relate solely to the technical matter of getting the service transferred. It is for you to know and understand your Unicom contract - and the details will be in their T&C's. You need the T&C's from when you took out the contract.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure