in Energy
18 replies 4.2K views
2»

Replies

• davidgmmafandavidgmmafan Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they didn't agree earlier that they'd messed it up, but least you got a football match out of it.

BTW Consumer Focus achieved a much better result than Ofgem, without any real powers, yet bizarrely they are being axed.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • I received £72 a rebate which came out of the blue after I had queried another matter with Npower. Be warned though as it looked like a letter saying prices were increasing and it may easily be thrown away, though of course all you savvy money savers would check first wouldn't you?
  • Same question as poster 2: is there any way of checking this yourself, using old bills?
    nikki1520 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can see yourself if you were overcharged by looking at your old bills? As I've moved and I'm not on the list given as not affected,I thought it was worth a quick call to a free phone number, but have just phoned them to be told that no refund is due. Not that I'm suspicious or anything, but I would like to be able to check it for myself.

Thanks
  • nixinixinixinixi Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Hi, I think my dad was an power customer in the time they are looking at, but he has since moved and has had a stroke so is unable to talk on the phone. is it worth me phoning up on his behalf and giving them his new address so that if he is on there list they can send him a letter?
    Life is a work in progress
  • Same question as poster 2: is there any way of checking this yourself, using old bills?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikki1520 viewpost.gif
    Does anyone know if you can see yourself if you were overcharged by looking at your old bills? As I've moved and I'm not on the list given as not affected,I thought it was worth a quick call to a free phone number, but have just phoned them to be told that no refund is due. Not that I'm suspicious or anything, but I would like to be able to check it for myself.

Thanks
    The customers who were overcharged in the first place were in this group, that is any Npower domestic gas customer who was on a two tier tariff in any continuous period of 12 months or more that includes at least one of the following dates, namely 1st May 2007 and 1st November 2007.

These are the dates in 2007 when Npower made its now infamous changes in how it billed two tier tariff gas customers, and which resulted in its billing those customers too much for a year’s gas.

If you are in this group you should be in line for a payment from Npower, unless you used very little gas indeed. If you are in this group and have yet to receive payment from Npower it is worth contacting them (again) and trotting out the dates between which you were one of their customers. If they say you don’t qualify, try asking why, and if you are not satisfied then please post here what they said to you.
  • I got a leter from them in November before I went away for a month. It said I should phone because they didn't know when I was with them. I forgot about it until reading on here. Just phoned, gave them an account number from bills I keep and they said I am due £74 ish.

So thanks MSE.
    Also saved £302 by switching energy supplier (plus £62 cashback through Quidco) - so a good week so far.
  • anniecaveanniecave Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lady in my church had one of these letters and she thought it was a scam so didn't do anything with it.

She got about £45 I think, when I convinced her it wasn't a scam.

I really didn't see why they couldn't have just paid it into her bank account for her though, she's on direct debit, so they certainly have her details. My post office wasn't making it easy, they were telling me the various forms of ID I took weren't good enough, like a BT phone bill didn't count as a utility bill!
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • aliballialiballi Forumite
    91 Posts
    Went to P.O. yesterday with my letter & just within, but still within time period & payment was rejected, Postmaster said others within time period, had been rejected too. Will be returning letter & asking for cheque.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides