Gold eyes 10-week low as safe-haven bid fades

Options
LONDON (Reuters) - Gold fell to its lowest in ten weeks on Tuesday, putting the price on course for its worst monthly performance in 13 months as safe-haven demand evaporated and investors booked further profits on the 2010 rally.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Gold-eyes-10-week-low-safe-reuters_molt-1225156560.html?x=0
'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ha.

"Oh but because it's going down it's worth buying as it's cheaper per unit"..... wait for it....
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So the EU resolved their sovereign debt crises when I wasn't looking?
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • bendix
    bendix Posts: 5,499 Forumite
    Options
    It's amazing how little Asheron and DiggerUK post these days. I wonder what happened to them?
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Sorry, you have got it wrong. Gold is THE standard for value. Gold cant fall - it's all other currencies which have risen.
  • smeagold
    smeagold Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2011 at 2:50PM
    Options
    How is that if I, or another gold bug, posts a new thread in the investments section about gold we get bashed for being 'rampers' but not if it's an anti/negative gold post? The last 3 threads: silver may decline, crashtatstic and now this one are all from the anti gold crowd. That no doubt gives me some lee-way to post some brand new gold threads in the not too distant future while of course revisiting and resurrecting these also when gold breaks to new all time highs sometime before the end of march and possibly much sooner:)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hopefully this board wont go the same way as the debate house prices one.
  • smeagold
    smeagold Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully this board wont go the same way as the debate house prices one.

yeah know what you mean I'm quite content to keep gold and silver discussions to their respective threads, but I will be def resurecting Hamishs crashtatsic thread at some stage. Quite happy to see the back of this one, once of course everyone on the board is made fully aware gold is at a 10 weel low, got to let them have their day in the sunshine after all.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure