Northern Rock claim

Options
Hi I had a northern rock loan a few years go. I paid it off when I got some cash that came my way. I did pay protection on it for around 18 months though that I did not ask for when I signed up but they included it anyway. Would I have a chance claiming anything back I had always assumed not but you never know. It was for a personal loan unescured.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    tcuk wrote: »
    Hi I had a northern rock loan a few years go. I paid it off when I got some cash that came my way. I did pay protection on it for around 18 months though that I did not ask for when I signed up but they included it anyway. Would I have a chance claiming anything back I had always assumed not but you never know. It was for a personal loan unescured.

Hello there

If you believe the ppi was mis sold you can try to make a reclaim, it makes no difference if this is an active or a settled account.

Follow the link to the reclaiming questionnaire (this replaced the template letter on this site), complete and send to their Head office, or if they have a complaints dept.
    Keep copies of what you send and receive in case you need to go back to this again at some stage.
    The normal timescale is 8 weeks, but they may write back and ask for more time, but they should also keep you informed of the progress of your complaint.
    Good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why did you sign for it at the time if you didnt want it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport