Santander "DAILY ARRANGED OVERDRAFT FEE"

Options
13»

Comments

• stacywoodhouse
    Options
    Apparently Abbey are now going to charge £1 a day for all accounts except Zero capped at 15 and 20 days respectively from 16th March 2012...its Halfax all over again.

I know this isnt the way to do it but I increased my natwest overdraft by £400 and will now closed my Abbey after I have been a customer of theres for 24 years.

So annoyed.
  • gbkev00
    Options
    Guy Anker's article dated 18th Jan on this site seems to be incorrect. Looking at the Santander website there is nothing to say charges are being increased to £1 per day from 16th March. The numbers of days being charged is increasing but the fee is staying at 50p.

Despite this I am still more than happy at moving my account to Santander from the Halifax who charge £1 per day with no cap on the number of days charged !!
  • wigglespig
    Options
    gbkev00 wrote: »
    Guy Anker's article dated 18th Jan on this site seems to be incorrect. Looking at the Santander website there is nothing to say charges are being increased to £1 per day from 16th March. The numbers of days being charged is increasing but the fee is staying at 50p.

Despite this I am still more than happy at moving my account to Santander from the Halifax who charge £1 per day with no cap on the number of days charged !!

Santander are increasing there daily overdraft fee to £1 per day capped at 20 days. i'm with them and received the notification today. i have just opened a hsbc account and am going to transfer all direct debits etc over. i live in the overdraft and can't afford this.. i was originally with halifax and moved to santander when they put up there daily fees... Deja vu!!:mad:
    Debt BCC £7257,POCC£2322, Next £769, Loan £6131
    TCC £1680 Total £ 18159.00 :eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(
  • gbkev00
    Options
    Your existing account
    Daily Arranged Overdraft Fees
    Daily Unarranged Overdraft Fees
    Paid Item Fees
    (note 3)
    Unpaid Item Fees
    (note 3)
    [FONT=designtimesp=4395]Preferred In Credit Rate Account, Premier Direct, Premier and Current Accounts[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4399]£0.50 each day (capped at 20 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4403]£5 each day (capped at 20 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4407]£25 for[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4410]each paid transaction[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4414]£25 for[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4417]each unpaid[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4420]transaction[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4429]Preferred Overdraft Rate Account[/FONT]

[FONT=designtimesp=4434]£0.50 each day (capped at 15 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4439]Reward, Travel and Family (note 1), Premier 50 and Premier 21Current Accounts[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4443]£0.50 each day (capped at 10 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4447]£5 each day (capped at 10 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4451]£5 for[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4454]each paid[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4457]transaction[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4461]£10 for[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4464]each unpaid[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4467]transaction[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4472]Premium Current Account[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4476]No charge[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4481]Student, Santander University Account, Post Graduate and Graduate Accounts[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4486]Basic Account, Instant Plus Account and International Student Account[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4490]This does not apply. Arranged Overdrafts and Unarranged Overdrafts are not available with these products.[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4494]£25 for[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4497]each unpaid[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4500]transaction[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4505]Choice Account[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4508](note 2)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4512]£0.50 each day (capped at 10 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4516]£5 each day (capped at 10 days each monthly statement period)[/FONT]
    [FONT=designtimesp=4520]No charge[/FONT]

Above from Santander website...no mention of £1 per day.

As previously posted still better than the Halifax.
  • lpaluszk
    Options
    From 16th of March 2012 it's going to be £1 daily arranged overdraft fee.

I can't post a link but on santander website there is a link to this information on the right hand side.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure