Illegal charges compounding...

Options
Bank :Abbey National
amount claimed :£1132
amount paid :Pending
OK. Im currently in the proccess of taking my bank to court, But... since Ive requested my bank statements and sent a letter to my bank Ive incurred another £140 in compound charges. Ive moved my finances to another bank and tried to close this account down. But my bank wont let me and every month Im overdrawn they are charging me more and more. How do I stop this madness. Ive told them Im taking them to court over these illegal charges and still the charge me more. What do I do?
To travel at the speed of light, one must first become light.....

Comments

• Noz
    Noz Posts: 3,869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you still have DDs setup on this account? If so cancel them
  • tomsolomon
    tomsolomon Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Options
    All DD's and standing orders have been stopped and moved to my new bank.
    The overdraft on this account is compound charges only, charges Ive refused to pay. due to the fact that the bank sent me overdrawn in the first place...
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    The bank already owe me £1132 Im waiting for the court to send me the appropriate paper work so I can take things further. But these extra charges have been applied since Ive writen to the bank. Ive phoned the bank to close my account but they wont untill I clear the overdraft. So its just going round in circles.
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    Hi agen. Ive just got the claim forms from the court, and I was just wondering if I had to put anything on the back of the form where it says -
    "Particulars of Claim"
    or can I leave this blank and take my bank statements to court.
    or should I put details of the charges and dates.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    You need to fill in the forum with your charges and dates as you are actually hoping that you won't be going to court!
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    OK thanks...

Would it be better do you think to type an attatchment detailing all of the charges and the dates of the charges...

Im hope that I can join the many people that have already posted on the success stories sometime in the future. I dont relish the thought of battling a majour plc in the courts lol.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Yes.......:)
  • carrielouise80
    Options
    intelligent finance have done the exact same thing with me! i am hoping to reclaim the charges so atleast that debt is cleared and the account will finally be shut down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure