IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks - £50 parking fine

Options

Comments

• torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    cloud_9 wrote: »
    In a similar situation to the above, I went to a local cinema the other week that is located on a retail park, but the car park was very busy and there were no other spaces available other than disabled bays at the time we entered, so we took a bit of a gamble and chose to park in a disabled bay...needless to say, when we came out of the cinema, we found the parking charge notice, issued by Euro Car Parks, attached to the windscreen.

Again, because I am actually in the wrong, should I still ignore the charge and any subsequent letters from them?
    you sound guilty, which proves you have a conscience.

I've got one as well; most people have.

and a mindset which is fed off by predator PPC's, the directors of which have no conscience at all.

if you're looking to salve yr conscience: don't pay. ensure your friends/family and anyone else you know is clear about why you're not paying and why they shouldn't.
  • andyroberts1967
    Options
    Hi there,
    I wish I'd read this forum yesterday. Last week I parked in a Euro Car Park site in Southend, it's next door to a car park run by Southend Borough Council. When I got back to my car there was a notice on it saying I hadn't displayed a valid parking ticket. To cut a long story short, I'd accidentally bought a ticket from the wrong machine for the other car park.

Now this is the bit I wish I hadn't done. I've written to them today to ask them to consider my appeal. I've given them my name and address. It sounds as though they're not going to grant it, judging by everyone else's comments.

Question is, by appealing it and saying I was the driver of the vehicle, does that give them any more legal rights/leverage, or should I just ignore all the letters they send me. It doesn't sound as if they take anyone to court so can I sleep easy tonight?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I would really appreciate someone putting my mind at rest. And to think I almost wrote out a cheque to put in the envelope with the appeal letter!! At the last minute I took it out again!!
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Do not worry, they can get your address for £2.50 from DVLA who are quite happy to break the spirit of the law for some ill gotten lucre. By writing in, your are more likely to receive more than the usual amounts of silly toothless threats as they will assume that you are the type who is easily intimidated. Just ignore and they will eventually go away.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    And Euro have gone on record (in the Sunday Times) saying that they never take anyone to court.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Tom1952
    Tom1952 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    On the 27th May i Parked in Short Street car park i went and got a ticket from the parking meter in the council car park. Instead of using Euro's ticket machine but i didnt realise that it was the wrong ticket machine.
    After returning to the car within 2 hrs i noticed i had a fixed penalty parking charge ticket placed on my car. Saying that i had not brought a ticket, the ticket had not run out i still had an hour left thinking that they had got this wrong i then walked around the car park trying to find the attendent for nearly 2 hours and in the mean time i also placed another ticket thinking that my original ticket was about to run out.
    I then came home and wrote a letter to Euro Car Parks telling them they had made a mistake they wrote back saying my appeal was unsuccessful and also then placed the wrong Reg of my car on the letter.
    I did not ask for an appeal i just wrote to them to tell them they had made a mistake. I told them i would not be paying the fine and i did not want to hear from them again.
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    All appeals are unsuccessful!!!.ignore any rubbish they send out
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As Notts_Phil says all appeals are unsuccessful even if you don't appeal. They don't answer specific letters, they just send out the template they think may do.

Ignore them from now on.
  • RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2011 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Hi there,
    I wish I'd read this forum yesterday. Last week I parked in a Euro Car Park site in Southend, it's next door to a car park run by Southend Borough Council. When I got back to my car there was a notice on it saying I hadn't displayed a valid parking ticket. To cut a long story short, I'd accidentally bought a ticket from the wrong machine for the other car park.

Now this is the bit I wish I hadn't done. I've written to them today to ask them to consider my appeal. I've given them my name and address. It sounds as though they're not going to grant it, judging by everyone else's comments.

Question is, by appealing it and saying I was the driver of the vehicle, does that give them any more legal rights/leverage, or should I just ignore all the letters they send me. It doesn't sound as if they take anyone to court so can I sleep easy tonight?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I would really appreciate someone putting my mind at rest. And to think I almost wrote out a cheque to put in the envelope with the appeal letter!! At the last minute I took it out again!!

Firstly hello to you. Many of us here, including me, have made the mistake you recently made. I know how you feel - GUTTED - let it go. You learned your lesson so soon after you made the mistake.

With me it was APCOA for the railways (civil) back in 2008. This is before I knew there was any such thing as "recovering losses" and "chasing the driver not the keeper", and particularly before I found out that these vampires never go to court.

Unlike with clamping, the PPCs can argue in court that your payment was taken as an admission of guilt and can further argue that there was no real pressure on you to pay. With a clamped car, there is duress subjection but not here. Also, "appeal" is a dangerous word as it also sends the signal that you accede to their authority.

In a situation where you choose to enter into correspondences with your antaonist, it is best to do so when THEY are chasing the money; even then, you'll write to DENY the debt, not "appeal" - dismiss the legality 100%. This you also do when you receive the first threatogram through the post, not when you get the PCN on the window. Let the dirtbags pay the DVLA for your details and write to you directly, don't cut this work out for them. Think about it: if you write after getting a PCN, straight away you are admitting being the driver before these windbags even know who the registered keeper is.

There are many lessons to be learnt but your best bet for the future is, park wherever and whenever you can using Euro Park facilities for free for the rest of your life - look upon your payment as an everlasting season ticket! :)
  • carlsxxfletch
    Options
    Hello

About three months ago i received a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks for parking in a pick up and drop off area outside a doctors surgery.

I told them that i was picking up my grand mother and just because i left my car unattended they issued me a £30 fine.

It was then raised to £50 after i appealed and i have since had a couple of chase letters.

Since then I have received two debt management letters threatening court.

Can any one please advise if they have been through the same process?

• Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options

Can any one please advise if they have been through the same process?

Most of the regular posters on here have been through exactly the same process, with Euro or one of the many other cowboy outfits. Some of us even get "tickets" deliberately.
    Ignore the letters, you will not be going to court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure