Converted to Money Saver but need help!!!!

Options
Hi, I have been dipping in and out of the various posts, threads etc. and have decided if all you can save money properly with proper plans and everything so can I but need more tips. Here is what I have done so far (not much but its a start).

Bought Stardrops today and works a treat so that has saved money on all the bits and bobs I spend on sprays for cleaning this and wipes for that as this little wonder does everything!

Gonna do weekly menu planner and next pay day (20th) will be joining grocery challenge. I guess I spend about £250 a month on food for 2 and cat aim to cut this in half and have picked of loads of tips for meals and stuff so thanks for that.

Thought about signing up for mystery shopping and setting up a separate account to save earnings in, can anyone offer advice on mystery shopping its always scary doing something new and different.

Would love to stop smoking (buy 10 a day) but don't know how other than willpower and I have none of that, any suggestions that aren't expensive.

Have got debts would like to reduce and bad credit history which I would like to improve (not brave enough to tell you all how much yet!! not as much as some but not great either).

Look forward to hearing from you :)
Remember ....its not a bargain unless you need it :D

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Dixie

Look forward to seeing you on over on the grocery challenge when the time comes:D

I don't know about mystery shopping, am sure someone will be along to help with this soon. But do you have accounts with Rpoints & Quidco? You can save for rewards just by doing clicks through to sites, plus if you buy anything on line it acts like a loyalty card scheme, whereby you earn points, when you have enough you can convert them into cash or vouchers. There isn't a catch, it really is that simple. I won't do links as I think they would count as a referral which isn't allowed but you can Google them easily enough. I save my points up & use them for Christmas presents;)

Re stopping smoking, it's all different to when I stopped 10 years ago, I know the NHS now offers help with patches etc, have you tried calling their quit line to see what might be available to you? Not sure on th3 details as I say, I did it by going cold turkey:eek:

Good luck:T
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I spent £90 per month for two of us and two cats. I keep to this amount by shopping in the evening when shops are reducing everything. Morrisons is my favourite because they reduce loads to 9p. I buy a lot of packs of veg at 9p and make soups, casseroles, curries etc. I alos buy 9p packs of fruit or large items like pineapples for 9p and use this for fresh fruit and fruit puddings. Bread/cakes also 9p and cheese/milk/ yoghurts/butter 10p. Meat/fish 20-50p I can fill one of the smaller trolleys for £5. With washing powder, stardrops and loo roll that is most of my shopping accounted for. I often feed the cats reduced fish/ chiken and rice which they love, although I supplement this with a 'complete' dry food for vitamins etc.

We have a great selection of food. One month I kept a note of the 'full' price the items would should have been. It was a whopping £120 per week. :eek: So that shows how much it is possible to save. We also have friends round for a meal about once a week.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • dixie06
    dixie06 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for tips will try the points thing sounds good. I have an appointment with my GP next week so will ask about patches (will need something or I will have not fingernails left! We have a local Morrisons so will give them a go, although I am a Sainsburys fan but they don't do reduced meat and fish for 20p!!
    Remember ....its not a bargain unless you need it :D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sent u pm about mystery shopping, its a long one! :rotfl:

Kyle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing