Egg crp

Options
I have been claiming my egg card PPI (or CRP as they call it) and my complaint has been upheld. A moment of happyness, then I continued to read. This is the letter word for word (with added smilies to show my mood changes)

"I am writing further to your recent contact regarding your complaint to inform you that we have completed our investigation. Our findings are set out bellow.

Having carried out a review of your complaint regarding your cardholder repayment protection insurance (CRP), I am able to confirm that your complaint has been upheld.:j:beer:

However,:(you may be aware that on the 8 October 2010 the British Bankers Associationcommenced a judicial review of the complaints handling rules proposed by the FSA, as well as guidance issuedby the Financial Ombudsman Service on all payment protection insurance (PPI). As a consequence,:mad: there is uncertainty as to the rules applicable to how we should calculate any refund in relation to your complaint. Accordingly, pending the final outcome of the judicial review proceedings we are unable to determine how to calculate any refund in relation to your complaint, however, as soon as the outcome of the judicial review process is final, we shall calculate the refund owed to you.:(

If you currently have CRP on your Egg account the policy will be cancelled.:j If you have been charged any additional premiums these will be included in the refund calculation referred to above.:(

If you are unhappy with the contents of this letter you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. For your information you have six months from the date of this letter to exercise your right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If the Financial Ombudsman Service notifies us of there intention to arbitrate on your behalf, we will no longer be able to descuss your complaint directly with you.

A copy of their leaflet is enclosed for your infonmation and you can find out more on there website."

I am of the opinion that the claim has been upheld now and is not relevant to pending or future legislation, hence (in the words of Jerry Maguire) Show Me The Money!!!!! I think this is a stall tactic but if anyone knows more, if I should involve Financial Ombudsman Service or quote leagle stuff at them etc... It would be very useful to myself and many others.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and lets hope between us we can put a stop to the ways of the customer UNfriendly Evil EGG!!!

Comments

• muppet2607
    Options
    I joined today with the intention of posting exactly what you, and at least one other(see 'Judical Rview Update?'), have shared.

I too had that moment of happiness when i read my complaint had been upheld, as my calulated refund meant i could have cleared my loan several months early, to get a further down and read that they would wait for the outcome of the High Court hearing.
    I know from previous experience with the bank charges reclaiming that this can take quite a while if they then decide to appeal any decision that is reached.

After reading through a few other posts i think i am going to try phoning them stating that the Judical review is about how claims are to be reviewed/measured, and that since my complaint had already been upheld they must have also measured it!
    If this doesn't work then i guess it is of to the Ombudsman for some advice?!

Anyone eles out there in the same position, please let me know what you intend to do. Strength in numbers! So maybe if enough people go back to them with this attitude we may get somewhere!
    Fingers crossed!!!!!!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport