judicial review update??

Options
I wonder if anyone can advise me - Egg have recently advised me that they will uphold my claim for a refund on PPI. However in their letter, they advise that they cannot calcualte the amount due to the uncertainty about the rules subsequent to the Oct 2010 judicial review commenced by the British Bankers Association. They advise that when the outcome is realised that they will then process the refund.

My question is - do we have a timescale for the review???
Mnay thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    puppy15 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can advise me - Egg have recently advised me that they will uphold my claim for a refund on PPI. However in their letter, they advise that they cannot calcualte the amount due to the uncertainty about the rules subsequent to the Oct 2010 judicial review commenced by the British Bankers Association. They advise that when the outcome is realised that they will then process the refund.

My question is - do we have a timescale for the review???
    Mnay thanks

Hi there

First of all well done on your success!:beer:

The case I believe begin on the 25 Jan and may take a few days from there, but when this matter will be resolved its difficult to say, but lets hope the refund will be sorted from then onwards for you, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Daniels_2
    Options
    Hi all
    today I have got a letter from LIoyds stating that they aim to resolve my query through our complaints process however the rules which determine how to assess your complaint are currently being considered by the court.
    Could anyone advise me if it is better to wait or just pass my compalint directly on to FOS ?
  • di3004
    Options
    Daniels wrote: »
    Hi all
    today I have got a letter from LIoyds stating that they aim to resolve my query through our complaints process however the rules which determine how to assess your complaint are currently being considered by the court.
    Could anyone advise me if it is better to wait or just pass my compalint directly on to FOS ?

Hi there

Did they mention the FOS to you on your letter?

You do what you feel is right for you.
  • Daniels_2
    Options
    Hi
    Yes they did even attached the FOS Leaflet. Actually I have sent an email to FOS a few minutes ago asking for advice.
  • di3004
    Options
    Hiya

That's good then, maybe they will help you decide in where to take this from here, good luck.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    puppy15 wrote: »

This is complete garbage.

There is no justification whatsoever in Egg withholding a refund on an upheld complaint on the basis that the calculation of it could somehow be effected by the Judicial Review.

The issues under contention in the Judicial Review only relate to the standards by which PPI sales and complaints are measured. As your complaint has been measured and upheld, those issues will not have any bearing on your complaint and the calculation of refunds is irrelevant to the Judicial Review.

In short they are stupid and they think you are too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure