24 replies 8.3K views
13»

Replies

• GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    17.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tamarto wrote: »
    A few hundred quid for some blokes to uplift and remove, i'll come down and do it for that!

Problem solved, then. :beer:
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Soot2006Soot2006 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    tamarto wrote: »
    A few hundred quid for some blokes to uplift and remove, i'll come down and do it for that!

I'll fight you for the job!

Carpets are likely to be the least your worries. the ones in my new house were horrid and manky. Worse, they were cut AROUND the furniture! They kindly left that furniture ... which I didn't want, but it was a probate sale and I wanted the house and couldn't really be bothered with arguing over some random wardrobes. OH and I spent a few days lifting carpets and removing grippers and smashing up oversized furniture, then did a few trips to the tip. Part of the ceremony of turning a random house into your new home.
  • GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    17.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, you have no idea what size the house is or just how manky these carpets are. :)
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • sonastinsonastin Forumite
    3.2K posts
    You can ask them to remove the carpets. With their agreement, you can make it a condition of the sale/purchase contract. And you can still turn up to the house on completion day and find the carpets in there. You will then need to get someone in to remove the carpets if you have such a strong aversion to touching them and sue the vendors for breaching the terms of the contract to recover the cost of the removal. Would you take it that far?

Personally, I think there is no harm in asking but you should be equally prepared for having to remove the carpets yourself.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support