Old Intelligent Finance Loan - no details what chance do I have

Options
Nickij
Nickij Posts: 45 Forumite
edited 13 January 2011 at 11:55AM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Well my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I took out a joint loan in around 2001/2002 with IF. I am 99% sure we had PPI on it. I am not sure when we repayed the loan, but it must have been before Oct 2006 (this is as far as I have bank statement going back).

However I have no details on the account numbers and or any of the paperwork - I got rid of it once the loan was paid off. Also I believe we have move addresses since then. (I have a feeling that loan was repaid in Nov 2005 - (but it may be slightly later).

So basically what are our chance on reclaiming anything. Is there history on Intelligence Finance repaying. And would I be able to get my records going back this far?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Nickij wrote: »
    Well my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I took out a joint loan in around 2001/2002 with IF. I am 99% sure we had PPI on it. I am not sure when we repayed the loan, but it must have been before Oct 2006 (this is as far as I have bank statement going back).

However I have no details on the account numbers and or any of the paperwork - I got rid of it once the loan was paid off. Also I believe we have move addresses since then. (I have a feeling that loan was repaid in Nov 2005 - (but it may be slightly later).

So basically what are our chance on reclaiming anything. Is there history on Intelligence Finance repaying. And would I be able to get my records going back this far?

Hi there
    I remember having a loan with these, and they did offer PPI when we taken it out but that was a stand alone cheaper one and not one that actually belonged with IF, however it may be different for you I don't know.

But to track down the account number, I note you have said about the statement above, if there is a loan account number on the statement for IF, then you use that number.
    But if your unable to find it with it being paid off in or about 2005, they may still some details on the account, but not sure about the agreement, give it a try though.

I tracked down account numbers as I have online banking, the loan repayments came out of the account, and it allowed me to go back 7 years online, I found the account numbers of that actual loan next to the monthly loan repayment, if you bank online and still bank with the same bank, it maybe worth you checking yours as well.

Just write a simple letter and request for the copy of the loan agreement, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, and request they provide by 12 days.
    If you do not have the account number then give them as many details as possible, any addresses you were under and any name changes etc.

If they are unable to track this down, a Subject Access Request (SAR) is another option but you enclose £10 cheque or postal order for this request, they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    There is a SAR letter template below, tweak to your requirements.
    Remember this request is optional though.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
    Again if you've no account number, give them as many details as possible to make it easier for them to try to track down the details.

In regards of reclaiming, you can continue to make a reclaim if you were mis sold the ppi, sometimes they send you the copy of the agreement back with a letter, this way then its free.

There is a questionnaire to use to make a reclaim on this site, it replaced the template letter, complete and send to whoever set up your policy in the first place, give them 8 weeks to give a decision, they should keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, and may request for more time to investigate.

Remember to keep copies of all you send and receive as well, in case you need to refer to this again at some point later on.

Hope this helps, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family