Not sure why i can't geta 0% credit card to transfer my balance.

Options
Hi,

I have a halifax credit card and have always been able to get them in the past and transfer my balance to a new 0% one.

But i have applied to 3 now and they have all said no and i'm really not sure why, do you think its because i have moved last January? or i have recently become self employed? I'm really stumped.

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    It is much harder to get 0% cards now, the banks are paying much more attention to affordability and people's your existing debts/credit limits compared to income. And lots of people who could previously get new cards are struggling for this reason, might that be the case for you?

Although moving and becoming self-employed probably isn't helping either.;
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • speedbird1973
    Options
    FWIW I got reject for a Halifax card after being with them with a 10k limit 18 months ago. I did get accepted for Egg a few minutes later with a 9k limit.. give them a whirl if you haven't already.

I have a relatively low debt to income or credit limit ratio however my limit to income ratio is huge my potential debt is slightly bigger than my salary, I suspect this was the issue.
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the info, i think then maybe it is due to the economic climate then, as i always pay on time, i will try egg i just want no interest as its costing a fortune :D

I tried Virgin, Tesco and mbna.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family