Halifax PPI reclaim help!

Options
Hi

I am sorry if I am posting something that is obvious here! I would appreciate any help that you can give on this!

I am hoping to get my loan PPI payments back. The loan was taken out September 2006 for £7000 over 5 Years.

I was only 19 and had only been in my job 7 months (branch relocation though). I started the application online, stating no PPI but before they would approve I was advised to phone for the final stage...

I explained everything to the advisor - she asked whether I had any measures in place should I lose my job etc, I explained that my grandparents would quite hapily pay the loan should I get in to difficulties. I was then informed that the only way that they would approve the loan was if I took out PPI, due to age/job etc. I went ahead with this as I needed the money and was only 19 and stupid :cool:

Now the loan was repaid in full (inc all PPI payments :eek:) June 2008 as I bought my first house and as previously stated my grandparents paid off the loan. I was also in a much better job etc.

Now I'm struggling to word the form! Is putting that they told me because of my age etc I had to take out the PPI a good enough reason? (this is the truth, I just want to make sure it's worded correctly!) I obviously didnt want it at the time and did have a repayment plan in place as I told them! I was also told agreeing to it was the only way to gain the loan.

Also has anyone had any success with the Halifax? And what address do I send it to? (I'm sounding really dumb now!)
I'm sorry this if this is all over the place I just want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you for any help!:T

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, i would just put that you were told to take it and put what was said to you. I wouldnt go down the route of "my grandparents would pay", the bank meant, life insurances, redundancy pay, wages for sickness etc. They would not accept that someone would pay this back for you (unless your grandparents signed as guarantors?). So just put it was because of your age/job etc. Hope this helps.People have had success with halifax, not sure of the address, but will have a look for you. If "our Di" doesnt beat me to this.
  • amersall
    Options
    Here you are
    Halifax, PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WL.
    This is where you put complaints into, that is on the website.
  • Kt8
    Kt8 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    Hi we started our claim in October, got a letter last week stating they are sorry for the delay but they have alot of cases which are taking time so it may take even longer and i can then just apply to FOS if i dont want to wait.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Kt8 wrote: »
    Hi we started our claim in October, got a letter last week stating they are sorry for the delay but they have alot of cases which are taking time so it may take even longer and i can then just apply to FOS if i dont want to wait.

Hi there
    This is up to you now from here, you can wait a little longer if you want to, for "example" another fortnight to a month, and if no result by then move on to the FOS, even though due to the high volumes of complaints the FOS are receiving it may take some time too.

A difficult one to decide really, but you do what you feel is best for you, either way, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • bubblegum6000
    Options
    Thanks for all your help! I will follow your advice and go down the age/job route! Thank you so much for the address too, I had looked but think I must be having one of those days :-)
  • amersall
    Options
    Thanks for all your help! I will follow your advice and go down the age/job route! Thank you so much for the address too, I had looked but think I must be having one of those days :-)
    You are very welcome, good luck with this and please keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure