PPI Reclaim

Options
I embarked on the process to reclaim mis-sold PPI from Barclays Bank on 21 September 2010 by completeing the standard consumer questionnaire downloaded from this website. As I did not hear back from Barclays, on 3 November, I called Customer Services and spoke to a lady who advised me that she could not locate my complaint and requested that I re-send the documentation electronically which I did. She also gave me a Compalints ref no.
I chased up again on 8 December by phone and was advised that they were waiting for information from the branch at which the loan had been taken out and that this was due imminently. They also stated that a letter should have been sent out to me on 29 November confirming the status of my complaint but that it had been held up presumably until the outstanding information was received. I was then advised that someone would send me a letter to confirm status of my claim. I did not receive a letter so I called on 14 December and was told that because of a judicial review the letter was being held back.
Finally, between Christmas and new year, I received a letter dated 22 December stating that my case would be put on hold pending the result of the judicial review.

It appears to me that all delays in responding and handlng my claim were a deliberate attempt to avoid having to deal with my claim as they should have responded alot sooner. Should I keep trying to get them to deal my my claim under the premise that I have been lied to (there was no oustanding information due from the branch !) or can I take my claim directly to the Finanacial Ombudsman ?
Any suggestions/advice most welcome ! :(

Comments

• robbedofmymoney
    Options
    hi,

you could refer your complaint to the FOS, however this will be a long wait.

if i were you i would wait to see the outcome of the courtcase scheduled to start on 25th January (it should last 4 days), based ont he outcome of this case we will have a better understanding of the best way forward.

the court case is to determine wether a judicial review is warranted or not.

if you go to the FOS expect ot wait at least 12 months, maybe more, so it's definatley worth waiting 2 more weeks before making any decisions.

:beer::beer::beer::beer:
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • Marshmellow19
    Options
    Thank you I think it makes sense to wait for a couple of weeks before proceeding any further ! :)
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It appears to me that all delays in responding and handlng my claim were a deliberate attempt to avoid having to deal with my claim as they should have responded alot sooner.

yes you are right, they should of replied. But they are swamped with complaints about PPI.

i would hang on, like marshmellow said FOS will take months and months anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure