PPI reclaim advice....

Options
Previously I had followed advice from this forum for me to contact my bank for the SAR request using the template. I had sent this off with the relevant cheque etc and have received various pieces of information from my bank. Included is details of conversations held on the phone between them and I if I had ever to ring them about a previous loan. Also sent to me is several statements. Finally I was sent some very random paperwork showing the total amounts given in the loans. No details of the amounts paid for the payment protection side of things in each loan.

I'm looking for help in what I'm supposed to do with all this information and how to work out what I should be claiming for?

Thanks for any advice given!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    LP79 wrote: »
    Previously I had followed advice from this forum for me to contact my bank for the SAR request using the template. I had sent this off with the relevant cheque etc and have received various pieces of information from my bank. Included is details of conversations held on the phone between them and I if I had ever to ring them about a previous loan. Also sent to me is several statements. Finally I was sent some very random paperwork showing the total amounts given in the loans. No details of the amounts paid for the payment protection side of things in each loan.

I'm looking for help in what I'm supposed to do with all this information and how to work out what I should be claiming for?

Thanks for any advice given!

Hi there

A SAR can vary and can be confusing if your not sure what to look for, but if you were mis sold the ppi, I would continue to make a reclaim anyway.

You do not actually have to write the amounts/calcs on the reclaiming request, but when the time comes and if successful there is always someone here that can check them out for you, and you can always request for a detailed written breakdown from the loan company too.

All you do to make a reclaim is complete the questionnaire, this replaced the template letter on this site, complete and sent to whoever set up your account, either their head office of complaints dept if they have one, remember to keep copies of what you sent and receive in case you need to refer to it again at some point.

They normally take up to 8 weeks, but can ask for more time, they should therefore keep you informed of the progress of your complaint.

You will find this on stage one of reclaiming here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

Hope this helps, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    perhaps you didnt have ppi? it would be on the credit agreement you signed.

I work in complaints and its shocking the amount of people that complain about ppi mis-sells when they didnt even take out a policy.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    LP79, have you the credit agreement for this?

These are not always enclosed with the SAR, but they will on request send you a copy in the post.
    Some will give free of charge, but otherwise write a simple letter, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, ask they send a copy of the agreement by 12 days.

As Roonaldo says, if PPI were taken out, these details would be shown as ticked on the agreement.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport