Health Insurance

Options
Hi,
I am now eventually paying attention to my money and whats going in & out!! After an operation knew i had a policy from Lloyds covering hospital plan & an accident policy.
Lloyds only paid for my physio visits on 1 policy and after reading the small print I was unable to claim on the 2nd.
I complained to them and after several calls & visits to the bank they have agreed I should not have been sold the 2nd policy and are offering a sum around half the value of my instalments over the term of the policy.
What should i do here? Should I take the offer or challenge for a full refund?
Any advice would be appreciated on this.
Bz

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    bizzy909 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am now eventually paying attention to my money and whats going in & out!! After an operation knew i had a policy from Lloyds covering hospital plan & an accident policy.
    Lloyds only paid for my physio visits on 1 policy and after reading the small print I was unable to claim on the 2nd.
    I complained to them and after several calls & visits to the bank they have agreed I should not have been sold the 2nd policy and are offering a sum around half the value of my instalments over the term of the policy.
    What should i do here? Should I take the offer or challenge for a full refund?
    Any advice would be appreciated on this.
    Bz

Hi and welcome

I would personally be requesting for the full amount, of what was paid into the account plus interest.
    Is this still an ongoing account or settled?

If settled then you should be awarded the full amount, as they have accepted liability.
    However, if any successful claims have been made this will reduce the amount, but yet you did or could not make a claim on the 2nd policy, as you were not eligble?

Its up to you of course, but myself I would be challenging for the full amount.
    You must do what you feel is best, and you can wait for other opinions on this if you want to.

Good luck and still well done!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • bizzy909
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I have not settled or claimed on the policy so I will as advised try to get a full refund.
    Thanks again,
    Biz.:j
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why would the 2nd policy not pay out? could you explain what happended.

Its just that a failed claim is not a reason for a mis-sell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure