Money for old clothes in North East

Options
briggy
briggy Posts: 87 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My mum lives in NI and she has been getting 50p per kilo for old clothes. I live in Durham and wondering if there was something similar here.

Someone told me there was one at Team Valley but I can't find any details about it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• sarahjayne1977
    Options
    I think i have saw what your looking for at Team Valley it was a portable unit so not 100% sure if it's there all the time..no idea what it's called either but was busy before xmas..It was parked at top in car park where next is..maybe call one of the shops on Team valley
    Extra earning 2012 From Surveys Etc

Pure-profile £50...Valued 80..Onepoll £120
    Panelbase £33.00...Shop/Scan £40..Crowd £18.00..PO £10.45..Spring £20..voice £20
    IPSOS £30...My survey £5..Ebay Sales £350
    Pine £21..JTA £5..RO £20..RewardO£20..Wonder £5.O Bar £31
  • briggy
    briggy Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    thats great, I'll do that
  • Kyrae
    Kyrae Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen one of those portable units in the Manor Walk carpark at Cramlington!
  • missworks2jobs
    Options
    OOOh that would be good for me- i'm sick of ebaying clothes as the postage really limits how much you can actually get for them. Anyone spotted it or got a number yet? I suppose you could always cut all your old clothes up into "fat quarters" 25x25cm squares then try sell them to quilting/sewing enthusiasts. but that would involve lots of effort.
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My sister took stuff there and got £5 a bag about 12kg I think. The bags can include curtains, shoes, belts etc which would weigh heavy iykwim! I'll see if I can find out more for you. I know she said it was at the top of the car park so that agrees with the previous poster, Meanwhile I've got a mail shot from a company called cash4clothes who will be in my area once a week and will call and collect if you text or email? Sorry don't want to give any more details as I don't know if it's looked on as promoting them and I don't know anything other than they've canvassed my area.:o HTH
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Intergalactic_Floozie
    Options
    http://www.recycleshops.co.uk/our_shops.php

I've used one of these and it genuinely does do what it says on the tin. You take your clothes in a binliner, they weigh it and give you the cash. Wont get rich from it though...
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
  • B.Cat
    B.Cat Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Does anyone know the name of the one in Manor Walks?
  • Skintstudent
    Skintstudent Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    In york there was a rag 'n' phone man always advertising, a mobile unit and you phone up and arrange a collection, think it covered most of north east. I have not used so cannot comment on it just always got leaflets shoved through the door!
    ~Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you are living?' -Bob Marley~

~If only God would give me some clear sign. Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.
    -Woody Allen~
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Saw a mobile(ish) unit in the gallerys, Washington the other day too.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Kyrae
    Kyrae Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.tdclothing.co.uk/

That's the one at Manor Walks in Cramlington!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure