Bank charges

Options
2»

Comments

• welshnoonoo
    Options
    I claimed back £80 from First Direct, and in all honesty it was my own fault, but I penned them an email and they graciously agreed to refund the charges which they did almost instantly.

I would definitely write to them. Good Luck.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm claiming for £4770 from Yorkshire Bank - got an offer today for £4660. There is also a substantial amount of interest due to pais if I take the claim to court. Don't know whether to take the money or hold out for the inteest aswell.

Already got around £600 back from OH's MBNA account. They wee very easy to deal with and settled in full with interest within a couple of weeks.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Rgc wrote:
    Thats the whole essence of this forum...72 notes is 72 notes...claim it:j

i agree £72 is £72 better in your pocket than thiers. i would claim.
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter got £317 back yesterday. She put claim in at Court on Monday, and money appeared back yesterday. Claim every penny back - even if its only one charge. The banks obviously know what they have been doing is unlawful, and are just waiting to see how many people either don't bother to claim, or are too scared to do so. They use very bullying tactics - how on earth have they got away with it so long - no wonder the country is in the state it is. I for one am totally sick of the disrespect big companies show for the general public.
  • Glass_Half_Empty??
    Options
    judi24 wrote:
    I'm claiming for £4770 from Yorkshire Bank - got an offer today for £4660. There is also a substantial amount of interest due to pais if I take the claim to court. Don't know whether to take the money or hold out for the inteest aswell.

Already got around £600 back from OH's MBNA account. They wee very easy to deal with and settled in full with interest within a couple of weeks.
    I would take it if I were you. Once you add interest and it goes over 5k then you can't go through the small claim court and it wouldn't be worth all the extra hassall. Take it and be glad of places like this and consumer group website that help us get the money back :) nd it is a hell of a lot of money as well, enjoy it ;)
  • La_Tristesse_Durera
    Options
    Have they sold the account to an external DCA? If so they cannot give them money. Once sold, the account is discharged and all monies have to be returned to you.

Yup, completely external...
    Hmm, I wonder if there's some way / letter I can send a request for the full £220

:confused::confused:
    £2 Coin Savings = £0.23:confused:
  • i_am_really_rich!!
    Options
    I am claiming £1500. Sent of request for refund and am awaiting a response.
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    Options
    To those of you are pondering what to do, have a read on http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forums - You will see plenty of people with the same dilemmas - then make your mind up. You can send the bank a letter saying that you accept the amount as part payment, but are carrying on with your action - but have a look on the above mentioned site first. The site is also endorsed by Martin Lewis. Good Luck, you have come so far, do you really want to carry on contributing to the banks coffers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure