We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Re-claim

Options
I have had several 'rolling' loans from HSBC over a number of years, where the new loan has consolidated the previous one. I am now attempting to reclaim the PPI on them. Can anybody tell me if I need to make a seperate claim for each loan or whether I do it all on one claim?

Many thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    kanga77 wrote: »
    I have had several 'rolling' loans from HSBC over a number of years, where the new loan has consolidated the previous one. I am now attempting to reclaim the PPI on them. Can anybody tell me if I need to make a seperate claim for each loan or whether I do it all on one claim?

Many thanks

Hi and welcome

If the reasons were the same for being mis sold, then you can keep to the same reclaiming questionnaire, remember though to enclose all account numbers.
    You can make a reclaim separately if you want to, or if you had different reasons for being mis sold.

So basically you just complete the reclaiming questionnaire that replaced the template letter on this site, send to HSBC head office or complaints dept, you will find this on the link below as stage one of reclaiming.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

Keep copies of all you send and receive, in case you need to refer to this again at some point, they normally have 8 weeks to give a decision, but may ask for more time.

Keep at them, good luck.

There was also some news posted on here yesterday which you may find interesting.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2011/01/leaked-letter-reveals-banks-dirty-tricks-on-ppi-reclaiming

Please keep us posted, cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills