We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electricity Supply For Very Small Unit User (Rural Church)

Options
2»

Comments

• MillicentBystander
    Options
    That would be my understanding. If it IS classed as business use, then Ebico is also not possible either. If it can be classed as domestic then my npower suggestion remains (I can't believe I'm recommending npower on this forum, lol, but I temper my personal disgust with the fact that they will be paying you to have their electricity!).
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Another option Tes, is to play the cashback game.
    I am also a low user and stand to make £200 net in 6 months. Similar to nPower commission as mentioned by Millicent, but not having to wait so long.
    Depends on promotions available, of course, and also your church being a domestic customer.
    When moving to EDF recently the computer 'invented' my consumption at £200 a year so it is not a question of being picked up as an unprofitable account.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Also excellent advice, Ken68! There are great possibilities for you here, just as long as you can get it classified as domestic. I can't imagine a church being classed as a business, TBH.

PS I wonder where neil9313 has gone? :p
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    are charitys not liable for 17.5% vat anyway, really a church is a business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport