We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

bank in legal proceedings

Options
I've put in a complaint against Royal Bank of Scotland, they "lost" my first letter of complaint, they then refused to process my 2nd letter as they had a "signature" query, so I got my signature verified at the local branch. 2 months later still nothing, so I phoned again and finally got a letter today saying that they are "unable to provide a final response to your complaint at the moment. This is because the standards against which your complaint should be assessed, namely the FSA policy statement on PPI complaints and guidance published by the financial Ombudssman Service are the subject of legal proceeddings..."

What should I do, wait it out or contact the Ombudsman? Is there a thread for other people in the same position as me?

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, this has been 8 weeks, send a copy of the letter to the fos and leave it with them. The judicial review starts on the 25th january and then we will have a better idea of what is going to happen with this. If you send it to fos now, then you will be in the queue.
  • bonjen3
    bonjen3 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply, can you confirm what it is I need to send to the FOS, is it a photocopy of my original complaint / form ?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

I would send them copies of anything you may have, the agreement, and any copies of any letters you received etc, this will save on time later, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family