We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hsbc ppi

Options
Hi
In Dec 2007 I was in a bit of financial difficulty and was struggling to manage debts accross a loan and credit cards. I went into HSBC and spoke to an advisor that told me that there was nothign that they could do for me, a day or so later I had a call from HSBC (a specialst department) asking me about my account etc. I explained that I had been in etc - they arranged another appointment and proposed a 20k consolidiation loan.

This was over a 98month period at an interest rate of 12.9% - basically I wasn;t in a position to negotiate, however they told me that a condition was that I took the PPI. From previous experience of how much this cost I said I didn't want it - I was told that they would not be able to give me the loan if I didn't take it.

About a couple of years ago I sent a secure e-mail stating that I believed the PPI had been mis-sold, they gave me a case number and said they would investigate. Subsequently I recieved a letter from them stating that it was not mis-sold etc etc.....

I thought this was the end so left it.

Reading on here I believe I could take this further - please could someone point me in the right direction as to what to do next and which letter I would need to send and where.

Many thanks in advnace

A hopefull Andy

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    andy24uk wrote: »
    Hi
    In Dec 2007 I was in a bit of financial difficulty and was struggling to manage debts accross a loan and credit cards. I went into HSBC and spoke to an advisor that told me that there was nothign that they could do for me, a day or so later I had a call from HSBC (a specialst department) asking me about my account etc. I explained that I had been in etc - they arranged another appointment and proposed a 20k consolidiation loan.

This was over a 98month period at an interest rate of 12.9% - basically I wasn;t in a position to negotiate, however they told me that a condition was that I took the PPI. From previous experience of how much this cost I said I didn't want it - I was told that they would not be able to give me the loan if I didn't take it.

About a couple of years ago I sent a secure e-mail stating that I believed the PPI had been mis-sold, they gave me a case number and said they would investigate. Subsequently I recieved a letter from them stating that it was not mis-sold etc etc.....

I thought this was the end so left it.

Reading on here I believe I could take this further - please could someone point me in the right direction as to what to do next and which letter I would need to send and where.

Many thanks in advnace

A hopefull Andy

Hi and welcome

If the 6 months have not passed since you received the final decision from them you can continue with this case.

Normally from the final decision you are given 6 months from the date of the final letter.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills