I just feel so ashamed

Options
I dont know how I got here...............facing all this debt

Tonight I worked out I owe just under 24,000 on credit cards

I have just gone through the online budget with ccs and have submitted my details, they have advised they will now write out to me.

right now I am feeling like just ending it all

Comments

• yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JustJosad welcome to the the DFW there is no need to feel bad now that you have come in here, you have taken the first step in resolving your problem this is a great place where helps and advice is availlable freely from peoples who has been in the same situation as yourself. now if you can post an S.O.A (statement of affair) the good folks here can start helping you out.
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• Glass_Half_Empty??
    Options
    It is far easier to end it all then face up to it granted but if you ask me it is very selfish of you to think like this. I wont go on a rant as it is your first post so just think that it wont be like this forever, you are choosing to do something about it which is also half the battle done :)
    You got your adult self into this mess like we all have so it is up to you to get out of it. How do you think your family will feel if you did something silly eh? Just concentrate on what will happen when you're without debt and all the wonderful things life has to offer;)
  • BlueSkyDay
    Options
    Don't feel ashamed, JSS, you've taken your head out of the sand and have started the process of dealing with your debts. :T There are hundreds of thousands of Britons who aren't doing that!

I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice on here. Can you bear to write down a statement of affairs? It feels a bit like the confessional (I think!) - better out than in.

Keep your chin up - read through the posts and find all the ways you can start beating your debt rather than letting it beat you.

Jenny
    Official DFW Nerd Club member 216 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :D
    Amazon Sellers' Club member 64

GM Challenge make £50 = £12
    2007 Olympic Challenge - Silver = £726.83
    2007 Olympic weight loss challenge - 25 lbs = 3 lbs
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    congratulations on starting to deal with your debts. It might look like a mountain now but you peg away at them and they goes down bit by bit, honestly. There are countless hundreds of people on this website dealing with the same problems, some with much bigger debts than you. You'll reach the day when they're all gone. Just hang in there.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • julie_toots
    Options
    :grouphug: Thought you sounded like you needed a hug. Nothing is so bad that there's no hope, you sound like you're at rock bottom at the moment but the only direction from there is up! There are so many people on this site who have been in the same place as you are now and can offer advice so don't give up.Everyone has to start somewhere and this is the best place to start.

This year i WILL have savings!
  • Tustastic
    Tustastic Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for starting on the road to being debt free. You will get loads of support and constructive advice from people on these boards. People you have never even met already care about you and want you to come through successfully.:)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MoneySavingExpert Forum Team
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    JustJosad please dont do anything silly. You really are in the right place to get help and support. You are not alone - there are a lot of people here who will not judge you but will give you advice to help you to sort out your debts. The hardest bit is facing it. Try to do a Statement Of Affairs ( SOA ) there is a sticky post at the top of the list of threads called 'first time posters' this gives a template for you to fill in and post it back here. [[[[HUGS]]]] and keep posting here so that we all know that you havent gone and done something daft. Things will get better, it will take a lot of courage from you but you will have support. All the best - OOPS
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • richardvc
    richardvc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    JJS - your feelings are understandable - we have all felt like that and empathise with you. Remember that everyone on this board faces debts of differing degrees and their 'lightbulb' moment was frightening and traumatic.

But you have done the right thing by posting this thread. This is the best place to come for encouragement and help. Post your SOA and the real experts will give you precious advice. Feel free to ask the silliest of questions as I doubt there will be one that the boards haven't heard !!

Well done for taking the first step, this is the hardest part. No-one has ever said being in debt is easy but this site will show you how to deal with debt, remove the stigma (you are doing something about it whereas most of Britain aren't !!), and help you cut back and budget for the future.

Good luck, post your SOA and the real wizards will be along to help you soon.
    Thanks to MSE I cleared £37k of debt in five years and I was lucky enough to meet Martin to thank him personally.
  • iwbus
    iwbus Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Well the first thing to say is that your debts are less than a number of people on here, the second would be that you have done the right thing by taking notice of how much you owe. This is the right place to make a start and with the help of the many people that read this board we can get you sorted and ship shape and you'll wonder why you ever thought the things you do now. It's not easy but I guarantee things WILL get better
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    In the night things also feel more bleak, I noticed you posted in the ealry hour!
    There have been quite few people on here with that amount of debt and come out the other side Ms_London is currently travelling in OZ I think!
    If you can post your income details and all the outgoings you have, the debts and what % they are we will try and find a way for you to reduce your debt.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport