Experian searches

Options
Can anyone clear up for me once and for all whether the searches marked as 'searched by experian when you requested your credit report' do or do not show up on your record as seen by lenders?

I'm talking about the report it draws up when you simply go to 'view your most up-to-date report' rather than requesting a credit score number.

Bit worried as I have been checking in rather a lot to see if one thing has been updated, and now the number of searches listed is quite high (albeit mostly comprising of Experian ones).

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    crayola wrote: »
    Can anyone clear up for me once and for all whether the searches marked as 'searched by experian when you requested your credit report' do or do not show up on your record as seen by lenders?

I'm talking about the report it draws up when you simply go to 'view your most up-to-date report' rather than requesting a credit score number.

Bit worried as I have been checking in rather a lot to see if one thing has been updated, and now the number of searches listed is quite high (albeit mostly comprising of Experian ones).

Thanks for your help.

No they are not visible to lenders;)
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Experian Searches:

Not visible to lenders
    Unrecorded Enquiry
    Identification: Generic Check
    Insurance Quotation
    Quotation
    Any search initiated as a result of you viewing your report or score

Viewable by Lenders
    Enquiry
    Credit Card
    Bank Account
    Personal Loan
    Mortgage
    Credit Sale
    Telecommunications
    Airtime Hire
    /etc...
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • crayola
    crayola Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys, I do wonder then, why they present it as a list of 'N credit searches' when 'N' often includes several of the 'not seen by lenders' type. Slightly confusing, thanks.
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Their system's a bit cack, my partners car insurance quotation searches are now appear on mine as full searches....Experian and their wacky ways.

I could phone them and get it sorted but it's just too much trouble and they'll drop off before I need anymore proper searches.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure