We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Completed IVA and win of PPI

Options
Would you please advise me if Barclaycard are correct in paying my win of PPI back to the loan even though my IVA has been completed and I have produced the papers to them as evidence. I know that they do that when the person is a discharged bankrupt ie. they pay the money back to the Official Receiver, but I thought because the the loan is considered paid by the terms of the IVA - they wouldn't be able to do this.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any redress payment made by the firm can go towards arrears and "written off"/reduced debts before being paid to you.

So, yes. Barclays are correct.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I doubt you will see a penny
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income