We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How Long ......

Options
I have a claim with Lloyds TSB for a ppi this has been on going with the ombudsman since 2008 i received a letter from the ombubsman in Aug 2010 saying that they have upheld my claim with LLoyds and that they should give me my money back plus 8% interest and £200 compensation as they never replied,i have now had another letter saying it is in the hands of a case worker and will be sent on to an ombudsman but they are unindated and can't tell me when.
I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise as to what to do shall i wait or write to the ombudsman again asking them if they could hurry up. thanks in advance

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    scruffpot wrote: »
    I have a claim with Lloyds TSB for a ppi this has been on going with the ombudsman since 2008 i received a letter from the ombubsman in Aug 2010 saying that they have upheld my claim with LLoyds and that they should give me my money back plus 8% interest and £200 compensation as they never replied,i have now had another letter saying it is in the hands of a case worker and will be sent on to an ombudsman but they are unindated and can't tell me when.
    I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise as to what to do shall i wait or write to the ombudsman again asking them if they could hurry up. thanks in advance

Hi there

Maybe its something to do with the Judicial Review matter that is currently ongoing.
    They will eventually have to pay out, but I can understand your frustration on this.
    Keep in contact with the FOS on this matter, I know they are extremely busy and have very high volumes of complaints to deal with but it will be sorted eventually - I promise.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm at FOS so familiar with this.

Basically, Lloyds have disagreed with adjudicators review and refused to pay. They have asked for an Ombudsman to make a final decision.

There is no way to hurry it up as they are looking at in date order and there is a back log of hundreds. I would imagine it would probably take another few months.

All adjudicators follow guidance from the Ombudsman, so its highly likely the uphold decision wont change.

If Lloyds reluctantly pay out in the end, they are not obliged to pay the £200 though.
  • scruffpot
    scruffpot Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the advice i will write to them again asking if they could look into my case,i might get lucky and get the whole thing sorted.
    the £200.00 i'm not to bothered about its the payments i would like back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport