We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pls help

Options
:mad:Recently I subscribed to MSE and started reading about Missold PPI's. I have read about how to reclaim and still unsure about the first letter that I should write. I had a loan from barclays bank with ppi and I am within the six year limit. This was actually the second loan taken out. So anxious to get the ball rolling. I have the start date of the loan, the amount I was payng, the reference number but no other details. I have always been registered as self-employed with barclays bank. So when I applied for the loan had no idea that the ppi was optional and felt that I had to take the ppi otherwise my request would be rejected. So could someone pls tell me which is the first letter to be written. I thank you in advance.

Comments

• robbedofmymoney
    Options
    hi

what you need to do is fill in this questionaire on the link below with your reasons for the miss-sale and put down as much information you have available, then post it to Barclays, this will start the ball rolling, they should then write back and acknowledge your complaint and then start any necesary investigations.

it is worht checking the temrs and conditions of the ppi attached to your loan to see if it covered self employed people as some ppi policies do.

the questionaire link is

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

Customer Relations
    Consumer Finance
    Barclays Bank Plc
    Astley Byrom House
    Manchester
    M3 4AE

send recorded delivery and please let us know how you get on and if you need any more halp just ask
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • goingcrazy
    Options
    Thank you robbedofmymoney. I have to write to barclays to request Terms and conditions for the loan and will let you know.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

Just as long as you have the account number and your reasons for being mis sold, then you can continue to make the reclaim.
    You are of course able to request for your loan agreement anytime too if you want to, this may help later on if required.

If you just want the loan agreement, you can try asking for this by writing a simple letter, enclose the account number, and enclose £1 cheque or postal order, and ask they send by 12 days.

Hope this helps and follow the link posted by Robbedofmymoney to the guidelines of reclaiming, the questionnaire, this replaced the template letter on this site.

Remember to keep copies of all sent out and received in case you have to go back to this again at some point, and they have 8 weeks to give a decision, and may possibly request for more time in writing.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills