We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Welcome Finance I want my Money Back

Options
Hi I am new to this site so please bear with me!

I took out a loan with welcome finace nearly 3 years ago for £2000 I still owe them £3576 as I am in arreas of £1084 and can not pay it off.

When I do think there is some light at the end of the tunnel they phone me 3 or 4 times a week adding more money onto my account.

My payments are only covering the interest not the debt as well.

I think I have been mis sold ppi but I am not sure I have it. I dont have my contract either anymore is there anyway I can get another copy?

I really need some help with getting rid of these loan sharks as they are making my life hell and I wish I had never go involoved with them

Thankyou in advance
Understanding everything is hard work

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, all i can suggest, is to write to welcome and ask for a copy of the agreement, this will cost you £1, but it will be worth it. If you have ppi on this and have a reason for mis sell then we will help you further.
  • lucysian
    lucysian Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. I am sure that I had the ppi on it becuase I remember being told that I was more likely to be accepted if I had it.

Is this misold?
    Understanding everything is hard work
  • Jalapee
    Jalapee Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    lucysian wrote: »
    Thank you. I am sure that I had the ppi on it becuase I remember being told that I was more likely to be accepted if I had it.

Is this misold?

Yes :money:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Its best to have insurance to protect for loans/credit cards etc in case of the worse happens, but its still optional and you can opt for an insurance of your own choice.
    So you do in my opinion have a reason to make a reclaim, with being told you had to take out their insurance to be accepted for the loan, check below for more details and post up for any help if required, all the best.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills