We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Terms and Conditions

Options
Hi all

Is there a place where we have a collection of the various banks T+Cs for their PPI policies?

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a place where we have a collection of the various banks T+Cs for their PPI policies?

I doubt it. It wouldnt be reliable if it was as policies get amended. You could have a version 1 whilst someone else has a version 2, 3 or whatever. Some insurers frequently amend their versions whilst others remain fairly static. Some have multiple versions depending on the distribution channel. Sometimes even within the same company (e.g. in the past LloydsTSB, post merger, still offered different versions of their products in ex lloyds branches and ex TSB branches even though they have merged)

The best thing to rely on is what is specific to what you have.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CHF
    CHF Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    True, true but Im sure this condition is in the majority of T+Cs.

Basically Im thinking that PPI is usually cancelled when you go into arrears but im unaware of firms automatically refunding this or cancelling the premiums.

This may be another stick to beat the banks with, especially considering the JR.....
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There would probably be hundreds! Besides its the responsibilty of the policy holder to keep this sort of thing
  • dunstonh
    Options
    CHF wrote: »
    True, true but Im sure this condition is in the majority of T+Cs.

Basically Im thinking that PPI is usually cancelled when you go into arrears but im unaware of firms automatically refunding this or cancelling the premiums.

This may be another stick to beat the banks with, especially considering the JR.....

I doubt that its the case with the majority as it certainly doesnt apply on the ones I have come across.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CHF
    Options
    Hi Dunston - which part do you doubt is true? I can absolutely state that a lot of policies become void once you miss 3 payments.

eg (taken from Barlays Loan T+Cs

Your insurance will be automatically
    cancelled on the date
    you fail to pay the
    third of three consecutive unpaid
    monthly
    premiums
    (unless this relates to a period
    of claim and we have waived the collection
    of your monthly premium
  • CHF
    Options
    this is from a texco credit card

End Date – The earliest of the following dates:
    Your insurance ends or is cancelled
    Your 65th Birthday
    • All payments due to the
    Lender under the Agreement have been paid
    • The date of
    Your death
    You permanently retire (You must tell the Insurer if You retire before the age of 65)
    You miss paying 3 monthly premiums in a row
  • CHF
    Options
    taken from Santander loan pol docs

The cover provided by this policy will end if:
    You have not paid your premiums when they are due

So with the above in mind, what hapnes if you go into arrears on this loan? Are you still covered or do you get a juicy automatic refund.
  • CHF
    Options
    So any opinions Dunston?
  • dunstonh
    Options
    If you happen to have a PPI that has that restriction then you may have a good case for getting a refund if they have continued the premiums after that point. However, don't assume that clause applies to them all. It certainly doesn't.
  • CHF
    Options
    Maybe i should be asking in the debt forum this specific question.

"Has anyone with a loan with single premium PPI, gone into arrears and had a refund of the unused portion of the premium?"

Similarly, anyone in a DMP/IVA etc would almost definitely have missed 3 payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport