We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice please, awaiting lloyds cheque

Options
Hi, Hope Im on the correct board this time.

Well Im patiently awaiting my cheque from Lloyds for my missold PPI, they are currently doing a search on my account to see if Ive made any claims (which takes two weeks for some reason) against the insurance before they pay out, anyway once that has been completed will Lloyds send me a cheque out of the blue or will they send me the calculations on how the final settlement is calculated and wether I agree with it ? I just dont trust Lloyds.:mad:

Just wanted to add that I was missold PPI when I was offered a credit card whilst on Incapacity benefit and have been paying it since 1998, of course when I realised I had been missold I cancelled it, which was in March 2009, which is when I went to the FOS, who have been very good all the way along. ;)

Comments

• Joec
    Joec Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    im exactly the same boat ;)

they should send a letter outlining the calculations. then a few days later payment will be recieved (either directly into account of cheque depening on how you opted for it.)

however i have been at the "waiting for insurer to confirm" stage for over 3 weeks now.. and counting.
  • live4dogs
    live4dogs Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that, according to the FOS I should have been paid out by the 18th December, when that came and went I phoned Lloyds insurance service only to be informed via a recorded message that the office was closed due to the adverse weather-charming, anyway we live in hope.:mad:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    live4dogs wrote: »
    Hi, Hope Im on the correct board this time.

Well Im patiently awaiting my cheque from Lloyds for my missold PPI, they are currently doing a search on my account to see if Ive made any claims (which takes two weeks for some reason) against the insurance before they pay out, anyway once that has been completed will Lloyds send me a cheque out of the blue or will they send me the calculations on how the final settlement is calculated and wether I agree with it ? I just dont trust Lloyds.:mad:

Just wanted to add that I was missold PPI when I was offered a credit card whilst on Incapacity benefit and have been paying it since 1998, of course when I realised I had been missold I cancelled it, which was in March 2009, which is when I went to the FOS, who have been very good all the way along. ;)

Hi there

I believe they may send you a cheque, is the account a settled one/paid off?
    If the account is still running and anything is still owed sometimes they award towards the account and anything remaining plus interest will be awarded to you, but as said it may be a full cheque payment otherwise.

With Lloyds I asked them to send me a detailed written breakdown, which they did do only on request, so it maybe worth you also doing the same, to make sure you know what is what.

Have this gone as far as the FOS?
    If so with my hubby's, they did underpay on his account, but the FOS got in touch with Lloyds for the details and a few months down the line my hubby received a further refund.

Good luck and well done on your success.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • jonesy_mjj
    Options
    I've recently had success against Lloyds Tsb and they are now paying the monies straight into my current accept at another bank. No mention of how long it'll take for it to be credited though
  • di3004
    Options
    jonesy_mjj wrote: »
    I've recently had success against Lloyds Tsb and they are now paying the monies straight into my current accept at another bank. No mention of how long it'll take for it to be credited though

Well done on your success.:beer:

When you received the acceptance slip, did they give you the opportunity to write down the bank of your choice?
    or maybe its because you still have an account with them, they automatically refund into the account?

When they receive the acceptance, then give it 21 days, I would go for working days, and if nothing is received by then, contact them, good luck.
  • jonesy_mjj
    Options
    I no longer bank with Lloyds Tsb. On my acceptance slips a direct transfer into my account was the only option
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    they are currently doing a search on my account to see if Ive made any claims (which takes two weeks for some reason) against the insurance before they pay out

The reason that it takes around two weeks is that the retailer has the liability but won't know if you have claimed on the insurance or not and has to find out from the insurer. This is done in writing.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • live4dogs
    Options
    Hi all, thankyou for your advice, the FOS has been dealing with my case since march 2009, I finally signed the acceptance form on the 13th oct 2010, the FOS then sent this to Lloyds insurance service, the FOS told me they had 8 weeks to sort this out, I was never given the option to state wether I wanted a cheque straight into my account.
    In answer to your other question regarding my cedit card balance, I still owe about £1600, so Im not sure what they'll do, but I know I definatly want a breakdown of how the final fee as been worked out.
    Im abit concerned that because Lloyds only keep thier records for 6 years they may avoid paying me prior to that, as I have been paying PPI for 11 years, I know it seems strange but I never took any notice why I was paying it, abit foolish I know, well you live and learn.
  • di3004
    Options
    jonesy_mjj wrote: »
    I no longer bank with Lloyds Tsb. On my acceptance slips a direct transfer into my account was the only option

I see, then I would of thought it would have been a cheque refund, give them a ring, good luck.
  • di3004
    Options
    live4dogs wrote: »
    Hi all, thankyou for your advice, the FOS has been dealing with my case since march 2009, I finally signed the acceptance form on the 13th oct 2010, the FOS then sent this to Lloyds insurance service, the FOS told me they had 8 weeks to sort this out, I was never given the option to state wether I wanted a cheque straight into my account.
    In answer to your other question regarding my cedit card balance, I still owe about £1600, so Im not sure what they'll do, but I know I definatly want a breakdown of how the final fee as been worked out.
    Im abit concerned that because Lloyds only keep thier records for 6 years they may avoid paying me prior to that, as I have been paying PPI for 11 years, I know it seems strange but I never took any notice why I was paying it, abit foolish I know, well you live and learn.

Well done to you.:beer:
    They "may" refund you the full amount if there are no arrears as such, but may possibly refund towards the account and anything remaining will be paid directly to you with interest.

Hopefully you will receive the full amount going back further than the 6 years, fingers crossed, please let us know, cheers.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family