We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dial4aloan ppi claim help

Options
Good Morning

Back in 2002 we took out a loan through Firstplus and the credit agreement was with dial4aloan.....
They are not regulated by the fsa and i have been told to ask who the insurer was/underwriter......
Has anyone managed to find this info out..i have no contact info for dial4aloan and have been told they are reluctant to give it...

thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Write to First plus and ask them to send you a copy of the policy details, the insurer/underwriter details should be enclosed on the policy booklet document.

This is what I done, was request for the above document, even though the loan ended some time ago and they still sent me the details.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, i think they were taken over by welcome. I am sure someone who knows more about this will be along to guide you more.You could try FP
    Too slow again, doh, di beat me to it lol
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am just warning you probably wont have any luck.

If dial4aloan sold you it then the underwriter is not responsible for the sale.

Also as they were not regulated by the FSA then they will not come under FOS jurisdiction, you would have to complaint to Financial Leasing Association (FLA) who will probably do naff all.
  • amersall
    Options
    Depends if the insurer/underwriter were regulated. Others have had wins with the insurer/underwriter when the loan companies have not been regulated.
  • roonaldo
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Depends if the insurer/underwriter were regulated. Others have had wins with the insurer/underwriter when the loan companies have not been regulated.

would that be in court?
  • amersall
    Options
    roonaldo wrote: »
    would that be in court?
    No, this is through the the normal reclaiming channels. Sometimes when a company was not regulated, the insurer/underwriter more often than not, was. The fos uphold this route if the insurer/underwiter was regulated.I have been trying to find (to no avail as yet) the threads where people went the insurer/underwriter route through fos and won. If i find them i will post.
  • roonaldo
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    No, this is through the the normal reclaiming channels. Sometimes when a company was not regulated, the insurer/underwriter more often than not, was. The fos uphold this route if the insurer/underwiter was regulated.I have been trying to find (to no avail as yet) the threads where people went the insurer/underwriter route through fos and won. If i find them i will post.

but the underwriter has no obligation as they are no responsible. I have never come across this. Unless FOS have upheld for a non mis-sale reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport