What may seem silly

Options
I have credit cards, but I've never cancelled them. As I've destroied them I don't even know who I have them with any more. Is there anyway I can check how many cards I have, and with whom.

The only 2 I know I have are because I owe money on them.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• asandwhen
    asandwhen Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Options
    check your credit file with experian
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Equifax and Call Credit being the other two.

You can have it free if you subscribe their one month trial(experian and equifax).
  • Paul_Herring
    Options
    Or you can get the information free from http://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/ (though I've found that they appear to have some of my information missing.)
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • steve!_10
    Options
    They're probably still active. I had a Capital One card with a 4k limit which I never used. When it expired they never sent me a new one or statements and I thought that was the end ... but alas, no. The accounts are kept active you just don't get the plastic that goes with it. If you want to cancel something then always tell people, companies don't do assumptions and don't accept hints as a method of cancellation. And I'm not just talking about just credit card companies either. I used to work for an ISP, and nearly every week "Why are you still billing me? But I haven't used it in 6 months, check my usage!"

Oh deary me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport