acc death ins

Options
hi there ,just noticed on my statement that i am being charged for acc death insurance i was sure i cancelled this years ago ,just getting to grips with my debt had my head in sand for a while but just trying to get all my debt sorted now is this classed as a mis sell
thanks
they are my debts and mine alone i dont blame anyone else and i want to pay them all off and hold my head high

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    im not sure about a mis-sell as we all expect to die at some time,can you prove that you cancelled the isurance"years ago",i suspect not,so cancel it again,might be worth a go explaining that you had cancelled it before see what they say?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    is this classed as a mis sell

No. Mis-sale relates to the selling of the product not complying with the rules.

As said above you can tell them you cancelled it years ago. If they can see you did and it was an error then you get lucky. If they cant see any reference to your request to cancel, I suspect they wont believe you as it shouldnt take years to realise it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sickofdebt2
    Options
    i hold my hands up,its my fault entirely for not looking at statemets ,i have today cancelled it ,i had not done this before i thought i had ,taught me a lesson to look properly and get head from out of sand , i am now taking control of myself
    they are my debts and mine alone i dont blame anyone else and i want to pay them all off and hold my head high
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure