We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How long before they have to reply to me??

Options
Hi, I sent the MSE PPI form to Northern Rock, by registered post, on 9 December 2010 and as yet have heard nothing back from them at all.
I was wondering if there is a "given" time that the companies are expected to reply to you in some form, even if its just to acknowledge receipt of your claim.
I do appreciate that December is not the best month to start a claim with the bad weather and xmas hols and all.

Comments

• zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I sent the MSE PPI form to Northern Rock, by registered post, on 9 December 2010 and as yet have heard nothing back from them at all.
    I was wondering if there is a "given" time that the companies are expected to reply to you in some form, even if its just to acknowledge receipt of your claim.
    I do appreciate that December is not the best month to start a claim with the bad weather and xmas hols and all.

They have 8 weeks from receipt of your complaint before you can refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• Helles.belles
    Options
    Thanks, ill put the date on my calendar
    x
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    As Zppp states, 8 weeks is the normal timescale, however some write to request for more time, also due to backlogs.

Good luck with this and please keep us posted, cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should get an acknowledgement within the first week of them getting your complaint outlining what happens next along with a summary of what they think your complaint is about (in case of misunderstanding).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Helles.belles
    Options
    Thats not good then that they havent replied back to me any ideas what to do next? Resend or phone?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would contact them to check they have it. No point waiting 8 weeks to find out they never got it. Phone them to ask.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Helles.belles
    Options
    They must have known I was talking about them, received paperwork when I got home asking for more details, well here we go..............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport