🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BLUE SKY - absolute joke!

Options
My boyfriend applied through blue sky claims in December 2009... and has since been told he is owed back £x (which is quite a lot) from several previous lenders.. and that they now have this money ready for him.

After endless arguments they finally sent him his first 'of a few' cheques.. with his name spelt wrong on it. He sent them this back.. and he received the new cheque... with the amount in writing writen on the cheque totally different to the amount in numbers written on the cheque.

Can anyone offer any advice of what he should do here please? Obviously he knows now that he shouldnt have gone down this route to get the money... but this company has his money off his previous lenders so he cant just walk away from them now.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    samx40 wrote: »
    My boyfriend applied through blue sky claims in December 2009... and has since been told he is owed back £x (which is quite a lot) from several previous lenders.. and that they now have this money ready for him.

After endless arguments they finally sent him his first 'of a few' cheques.. with his name spelt wrong on it. He sent them this back.. and he received the new cheque... with the amount in writing writen on the cheque totally different to the amount in numbers written on the cheque.

Can anyone offer any advice of what he should do here please? Obviously he knows now that he shouldnt have gone down this route to get the money... but this company has his money off his previous lenders so he cant just walk away from them now.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi and welcome

I'm sure someone will post up soon with some useful advice for you.

I can understand this must be very frustrating and wishing you luck with this matter, good luck and hope this is resolved soon.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family