Barclaycard smallprint

Options
Can someone out there help me, I purchased a T.V. from Allders about 3 years ago, before they went wherever they went, at the same time I recieved a free 5 year guarantee with the T.V. this was one of the reasons I went to this store. I purchased the T.V. with my barclaycard, as the T.V. has now broken down and Phillips have refused to honour the guarantee am I at all covered with my barclaycard. I heard Martin on the radio referring to the farepak case and wondered if anyone would know the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If the TV cost more than £100 then the card company and the retailer (nothing to do with manufacturer at this stage) have joint and several liability ie if the retailer won't (or can't in this case) help you then you have recourse to Barclaycard.
    They probably will try to fob you off and I would very carefully copy anything before sending to Barclaycard but if you perservere you will succeed.
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Who underwrote the warrenty? Most of the warrenties were underwritten by other companies (alders wasnt an insurance company after all) and certainly others have posted that they have had no problems with the warrrenty underwritters recently.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport