We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

So now I have a solar PV system how do I make the most of it???

Options
1330331332333334336»

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doc_N said:
    KevinG said:
    Doc_N said:
    KevinG said:
    KevinG said:
    orrery said:
    KevinG said:
    orrery said:I think that trying to add an export tariff would mean I'd have to terminate my FIT contract which would cost me very dearly
    It doesn't, I have done exactly that and my 70p+ feed-in tariff continues.
    Interesting. Presumably without the assumed export payment?

The assumed 50% export payment is replaced by an actual %, but at a rate of 15p per kWh.
    My rate is rarely that high, apart from at times when I hardly generate anything (1600-1900).
    I've now changed to the 15p fixed export rate, which will pay me much more than the Agile Outgoing rate. Combined with the Agile import tariff, on which I am often paying less than 15p per kWh, my bill over the summer is likely to be minimal and with the 70p+ per kWh FiT on top I'm laughing :)
    I’d be interested in your experience of switching to this tariff, having now been corresponding for almost a year with Octopus, including through formal complaints resolution, to get this sorted out. I do know that this is by no means unusual.
    As I said before, it did take a few months of email exchanges to initially get onto the outgoing tariff but the latest change was achieved in a couple of days through Twitter/X, on which they are generally very responsive.
    My experience was much like yours. Up to that point. The difference between changing the tariff and actually putting that into practical effect only appeared later, when they continued to pay at the old rate and seemed incapable of doing anything else.
    Well the tariff is showing correctly on my account, I won't know for a week or so whether it is being applied. 
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback