🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hsbc lons ppi

Options
Hi there people, just really wanted to get an idea from people what us happening with people trying to reclaim from hsbc, I using a claims company to get my ppi back, I have a loan for £5000 with the ppi added on top, which gives the total being paid back to £9300! i sent the claim off in septmeber '10, then after 8 weeks nothing, then another 2 weeks (29th December) but have heard nothing at all, to be honest at present i cant see me ever getting this back!

regards

brendan

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    therealson wrote: »
    Hi there people, just really wanted to get an idea from people what us happening with people trying to reclaim from hsbc, I using a claims company to get my ppi back, I have a loan for £5000 with the ppi added on top, which gives the total being paid back to £9300! i sent the claim off in septmeber '10, then after 8 weeks nothing, then another 2 weeks (29th December) but have heard nothing at all, to be honest at present i cant see me ever getting this back!

regards

brendan

Hi and welcome brendan

Shame you did not come across this site before going along with a claims company.

I would leave a message and tell them as this have not gone any further - you decided to give the reclaiming a go yourself, give them 14 days or even less if you want to to get back and if you hear nothing, maybe it would be a good idea to have a go yourself with free help from this site.

Maybe someone on here will have some ideas on this for you, someone who have had dealings with using claims companies, but meanwhile check the link below on the guidelines to reclaiming, and feel free to ask for any help on this anytime, good luck and please keep us posted, keep at them.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi brendan, as di says, ring the company and tell them you are not happy. They should be sorting this for you and you shouldnt have to come on this site and ask what is happening!!!. You could do this yourself, and still be at the same position the company is, and all for the price of a stamp. Tell the company to get their finger out and find out what is happening with your claim, they are the ones you are giving a % of your win to.
  • -BA-
    -BA- Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    From the perspective of your loan and any possible delay. I had contacted the FSA a number of times since they wrote to HSBC in early Sept recommending they uphold my complaint. It now appears that my claim is held up in this Judicial Review that is underway at the moment and have been told that I am unlikely to hear anything until the announcement at the end of January. Whilst this might be the case with your claim to, the company you have used should have at least communicated this to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -BA- wrote: »
    From the perspective of your loan and any possible delay. I had contacted the FSA a number of times since they wrote to HSBC in early Sept recommending they uphold my complaint. It now appears that my claim is held up in this Judicial Review that is underway at the moment and have been told that I am unlikely to hear anything until the announcement at the end of January. Whilst this might be the case with your claim to, the company you have used should have at least communicated this to you.

Why was FSA involved?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    BA, do you mean the FOS?

I know this can be confusing lol, especially when new to all this stuff.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • -BA-
    -BA- Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    BA, do you mean the FOS?

I know this can be confusing lol, especially when new to all this stuff.;)

Yup did indeed mean the FOS. Just wasn't paying attention when I typed the post...hehe. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport