Right credit card for DIY purchaces

Options
Hoping to buy a new house soon, well it's really an older house that will need new curtains/carpets/painting etc.

Have got the money to buy what we need (i think) but is there a credit card that will get us a discount in B&Q Homebase etc?
Was a 40 a day smoker for 20 years.
Decided to give up, and haven't had a fag for 12 years.
Halfway through losing six stone.

Looking forward to early retirement.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hoping to buy a new house soon, well it's really an older house that will need new curtains/carpets/painting etc.

Have got the money to buy what we need (i think) but is there a credit card that will get us a discount in B&Q Homebase etc?

mse guide to cashback cc`s

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/cashback-credit-cards
  • simongregson
    Options
    Quidco now do 2% cashback on what you spend in store at B&Q

Any visa/mastercard would do but you need to register the card at www.quidco.com first. You could combine with egg/capital one cashback cards.

Quidco take the first £5 but still better than nothing.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    I think the best way is to go to B&Q with an older person and take advantage of their 10% discount on Wednesdays for the over 60's.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • okie363
    okie363 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    i work at B&Q and theres no credit cards that i know of that offer discounts, if you know anyone that works in the kingfisher group, we occasionally get 20% off family and friends vouchers which you can use.
    i would probably use a tesco credit card, cause the money you spend on building can be used on food :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure