Warning - Pizza Hut Delivery

Options
Well, suffice to say I will never order from these jokers again.

Placed an order last night for about £32 with a 50% code. Within 5 minutes of placing the order I had a phone call from them to say that they'd received two orders, one was the correct one I placed and the other was identical but with another small pizza added.

They told me I'd been charged for both orders and I asked how this could be as I only clicked the button once for my order totaling £16 (with 50% code). They didn't really have an explanation and told me the manager would call me "later". Well, by 9.30pm I was sick of waiting and rang back. I spoke to some chap call "Mohammed" and after 10 minutes of explaining my problem he said he would have to phone IT today as there was obviously a problem with the site and he would phone me back today with regards to my refund. He did say however that he couldn't find two orders, only one with the same order reference I had received but it had the small pizza on at their end, but not in my confimation (wierd).

Anyway, 1pm today and no phonecall about my refund so rang them and asked to speak to "Mohammed". The guy on the end of the phone just ummd and arghd and said there was no one by that name working there and when I pushed him he said I must be referring the the GM "Mohammed Ali". Now, I'm not sure whether they're just taking the p*ss out of me now, but he said he would get him to phone me as soon as he got in, but everyone I've spoken to has been so useless I'm wondering whether it would be a better idea to write to head office, send them a copy of the order confirmation and my bank statement showing I've been charged too much??

I will never use their service again, complete and utter waste of time.

Comments

• vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2010 at 6:03PM
    Options
    I've had a few problems with pizza hut in the past, mostly food turning up late, orders being wrong or just not turning up. However, if the food does arrive, I find it to be a nice slice of junk (and I only ever order with massive discounts).

I do normally use perfect pizza though - much nicer pizzas, cheaper (when not on offer) and better service.

I normally find the pizza hut in-store staff useless when it comes to sorting out problems. After an hour and a half of waiting for a pizza one time, I called to find out where it was.

"Oh, it's just leaving now." said assistant.

Half an hour later, I called again. "Oh, it's just leaving now."

me: How can it be just leaving now when it was in the process of leaving half an hour ago?

them: It's just being cooked.

me: so it's not leaving now? It's still in the oven?

them: We've had a lot of orders, it's next to go in the oven.

I think during the call I must have gone back in time, but i asked to speak to the manager and got a free order for next time and this order was also free, and when it arrived it was warm and tasted fine, so at least it all got sorted. Hope you get yours sorted soon.
  • granite400
    Options
    Hi,

Alot of these Pizza Hut delivery units are franchises so it can be really hit and miss on the service depending where you are.

I did one night delivering for them and walked out as the manager was rude, aggressive and unhelpful and the store was a total shambles.

granite400
  • Laura_Scotland
    Options
    Sorry quite a long post! :o

I used to like ordering from our local Pizza Hut delivery when there were discount codes, but after last time I'm not going to try them again for a while :(

We ordered a couple of weeks ago just before 8pm, my OH paid with his card, but it got to 8.45 and still no pizza. Then he realised he hadn't got a confirmation email. So, he phoned to ask about it and was told their touch screen wasn't working and the manager would phone back within half an hour.

It got to 9.40 and still no call. My partner phoned again. After telling them what the order was again we had to go collect it as they were closing at 10.

We arrived and were asked what dips we'd ordered - 2 barbecue and 1 garlic and herb. They didn’t have either! Not the end of the world, but disappointing.

Also, a handwritten note was visible on the desk with my partner's phone number and to call back in 30 mins, which they hadn't! We got a tub of ice cream as an apology but I was still disappointed at the wait and how they'd dealt with it.

Anyway I complained via the website, and I got a letter a couple of days ago with a £10 giftcard! :j I was quite surprised, I'll use it in one of the restaurants (not sure if it can be used in the delivery ones anyway), but not using the delivery again any time soon!
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    Well this just gets stranger and stanger. After all the problems I've had, the phonecalls, telling me I've been charged for two orders, telling me I've been charged for one order but for £10 too much, I checked my bank yesterday and they've taken one amount for £16, which was the correct amount for my order!
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well this just gets stranger and stanger. After all the problems I've had, the phonecalls, telling me I've been charged for two orders, telling me I've been charged for one order but for £10 too much, I checked my bank yesterday and they've taken one amount for £16, which was the correct amount for my order!

Did you actually get the pizzas though ?
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Did you actually get the pizzas though ?

Yea, I got what I ordered. When they phoned telling me there was two orders I clarified what my order was.

I just cant work out why I've had all this hassle yet I've only been charged for what I ordered anyway!
  • We have had problems with Pizza Hut not honouring the voucher codes. They have phoned us up and stated the voucher does not start for x number of days when the the code states we are ordering on the correct day and when ordering on line the code has been accepted .

There are 2 Pizza Hut's in our area and we always try to order from one particular one and they say they have had loads of people complaining about the one that will not accept the voucher codes.
    Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport