Is my kitten an oddball?

Options
Went to vets yesterday for our littlest kitty's second jab and microchip - the little weirdo purred all the way through even when they were putting the chip in him. Think he could possibly be masochistic :D

Comments

• dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Suki adores the vet - even when he shoves a thermometer up where the sun doesn't shine... she loses the plot when a cuddle is on the cards though and he was stroking her behind the ear with the other hand while doing the deed.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Daisy's the same but she also casts lots of white fur all over the surgery.....
  • Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently cats will also purr when nervous, such as at the vets. My little boy is a terror for purring when they're trying to listen to his heart, my girl just sits quietly and hides herself away.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    They purr when they are frightened or nervous as they are calling for their mammy.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    they will purr when worried or stressed, but usually their behaviour gives them away..... a purry cat curled up in a ball at the end of the exam table, with ears back, is totally different to a purry cat who is headbutting everyone within range, trying to explore the consult room, and is generally nonplussed about being at the vets.

the scared purry cats always upset me :(

but the explorer happy purry cats outweigh the scared purrers :)
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • niklepic
    Options
    He was definitely happy to be there - rubbing up against the vet while she was injecting him- i had to hold him still lol. He did give her an evil look once he was safely back in his basket lol. I doubt he'll be purring when she neuters him though!!!
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah you know when mine's happy as she kerthunks herself against you to give her back leg a rest... this was full on kerthunk, adoring soppy eyes - she's sooo cheap in terms of a scratch behind the ear and she's yours!

It's strange since she reacts so violently to being transported, get her actually INTO the vets and it's happily trotting in and out of the basket - such an attention seeker!
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • wannabepennypincher
    Options
    My youngest boy is def an oddball as well then! He loves going to the vet and bounces out the crate when we arrive and taps the vet on the hand to make sure he gets all the attention he needs! Our diabetic puss makes a lot of trips and my little oddball is always trying to sneak in with him, we always have to double check we have the right puss before we leave and don't have a stowaway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure