edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
9 replies 909 views
RonniesMummyRonniesMummy Forumite
438 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hiya
Havent posted on here much until now - have been off work since march, suffering with severe depression and anxiety etc which doesnt seem to be any better so no chance of getting back into my job yet.
As i am under 25 i am getting 51.85 p.week to live on - Luckily i was able to move back home so i dont have to worry about rent/bills etc but im still finding this very very hard. I now have had to appeal as they after a ten minute interview decided i am ok to work when my psychiatrist has said no way and refuses to sign me back to work.
I dont know why i am posting just want to know if anyone else feels like the benefit system cheats them somehow?
DFD 1st January 2016
Total Debt £4600 01/01/2013
£4100 15/11/2013 01/11/15 £0 :j

Replies

• NASA_2NASA_2 Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Its like asking if anyone has noticed that it rains sometimes.

There are plenty of people about who feel that they are being cheated by the system. There are some who have been let down by the system. Then there is the majority of people for who the benefit systems works as it was meant to - a temporary solution to a temporary problem.
  • RonniesMummyRonniesMummy Forumite
    438 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I just find this situation so hard - i am so mentally unwell and with the worry of not having a job to go back to as well wish it would all go away !!
    DFD 1st January 2016
    Total Debt £4600 01/01/2013
    £4100 15/11/2013 01/11/15 £0 :j
  • If you are struggling to cope you should contact your psychiatrist. If they are not there, do you have a number for the Crisis Team?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • passatriderpassatrider Forumite
    835 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I just find this situation so hard - i am so mentally unwell and with the worry of not having a job to go back to as well wish it would all go away !!

Just be aware that while the vast majority on this forumn will be on your side. There are also a few who will see it as an opportunity to spout off about how all people on benefits are screwing the system - just ignore them as they have nothing else better to do with their time to be honest!

I hope things improve for you soon BTW ;)
  • NASA_2NASA_2 Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Mental Illness doesnt stop with those currently unemployed I hate to say.

Have you tried therapy/counselling before trying the psychiatrist?
  • alwaysonthego_2alwaysonthego_2 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
  • alwaysonthego_2alwaysonthego_2 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dmg24 wrote: »
    If you are struggling to cope you should contact your psychiatrist. If they are not there, do you have a number for the Crisis Team?
    Excellent advice dmg, also there is the Samaratans if the OP needs to talk to someone.
  • passatriderpassatrider Forumite
    835 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Jock221 wrote: »
    Just wondering does DMG 24 have a medical qualification or is just plain nasty!!

][/U]

I will let her answer that one..
  • Hiya
    Havent posted on here much until now - have been off work since march, suffering with severe depression and anxiety etc which doesnt seem to be any better so no chance of getting back into my job yet.
    As i am under 25 i am getting 51.85 p.week to live on - Luckily i was able to move back home so i dont have to worry about rent/bills etc but im still finding this very very hard. I now have had to appeal as they after a ten minute interview decided i am ok to work when my psychiatrist has said no way and refuses to sign me back to work.
    I dont know why i am posting just want to know if anyone else feels like the benefit system cheats them somehow?

There are plenty who feel that way, but there are plenty who cheat the system too.

Advice bit: For your appeal keep a diary.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals