HELP ssp

Options
Just found out ive now gone onto SSP (after full pay for a month off sick) due to an work place accident the SSP is £70.05 what the hell am i supposed to do with that? it wont pay the rent, and we are in the process of moving house .... I dont know what to do :(:confused:

Comments

• jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    go to the CAB and ask them what benefits you are entitled to.

if it was an accident at work, have you got in touch with an organization that deals with claiming for it? you might be entitled to compensation, although it may take a while to recieve it
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • sallywl
    sallywl Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes jetty I have contacted a solicitor yesterday and hes sending the stuff thru, he thinks i have a case. I wish it hadnt come to this im not into all this compensation culture but i dont think i have much choice, as work have not helped one lil bit :(
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    if your place of work aren't being helpful then you are definately doing the right thing. they are responsible and they are the reason why you find yourself struggling. you must see it as a way of getting back lost earnings and the inconvienience it has caused. hope things work out for you.
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • sallywl
    sallywl Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Jetty :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts