Faster Payments

Options

Comments

• ironlady2022
    Options
    In that case it should go through but with LTSB faster payments you won't know for sure until you try it.
    Again Sunday is not a working day so will probably be date Monday or Tuesday

I totally agree, Sunday is not a working day and bear in mind Monday the 3rd 2011 is another Bank Holiday. If it does go under faster payments, I would suspect it will arrived Tuesday. Coudl you let us know as I'm intrigued!
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mayling03 wrote: »
    I totally agree, Sunday is not a working day and bear in mind Monday the 3rd 2011 is another Bank Holiday. If it does go under faster payments, I would suspect it will arrived Tuesday. Coudl you let us know as I'm intrigued!

As on the ISA thread you've just replied to ................. should you not read before you write?
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • ironlady2022
    Options
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    As on the ISA thread you've just replied to ................. should you not read before you write?

Well apologise that I'm new to the forum and not posted las many times as you but I think all I'm here is to help not criticise.
  • Mikeyorks
    Options
    all I'm here is to help

........... then reading post #4 from the OP would have been more helpful?
    I've just called Lloyds and they told me faster payments work every day of the week regardless of whether its a bank holiday or a sunday so it means I can go ahead as planned
  • ironlady2022
    Options
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    ........... then reading post #4 from the OP would have been more helpful?

I'll have you know I am reading and can read, not everyone posts correct information hence this is a forum open to discussion!
  • Mikeyorks
    Options
    not everyone posts correct information

When the person who originated the thread and asked the question reports she has answered her own question by ringing her Bank ...... it's fairly certain she's not the one posting incorrect information?

And - on the ISA thread - when you contradict an IFA with some 40k posts to his name ........... well I'll leave you to consider who's likely to be wrong.
  • loveandlight
    loveandlight Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 December 2010 at 10:20PM
    Options
    Okay, I don't know whether this will clarify anything for any of you but the monies show up on my bank statement every month as a bank giro credit. I get the money every 4wks to be exact on a Sunday and it always shows up after 12 noon. Upon going through my paperwork this evening and phoning LloydsTSB and HSBC, I have realised that I have often done a FP of this money on a Sunday as soon as I get it and it always immediately credits my HSBC account. That is to say as soon as I make the online transfer from my Lloyds acct, I then check my HSBC account and the monies are in and are available for immediate use.

I phoned Lloyds bank to check what date the transfer on Sunday would show and they told me because Monday is a bank holiday, it will show the transaction transfer from Lloyds to HSBC as Tuesday 4th Jan 2011 even though it actually took place on Sunday.
  • ironlady2022
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying loveandlight
    2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would change my bank if I were you 2010.

You`re right but from what I gather LTSB takes over from Halifax in late March.
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be careful with Lloyds, ie. to ensure funds are immediately available.

I once made a payment on a Sunday after glancing at my available balance (which was adequate) and was surprised to later receive a letter saying that I'd been charged for exceeding my overdraft. It turned out that I was due to be paid on the Monday, even though the money was 'available' on the Sunday but the income was dated Monday (why was it 'available' on the Sunday then?!). I made the payment which was dated Sunday and the bank decided that I'd paid that out before the money had gone in (technically right but if that was the case the 'available balance' should have been £0.00 until midnight Sunday, surely).

A very, very sneaky way to profit from charging. I got it waived as I complained, but just be aware.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure