Will money definitely be taken from my account?

Options
Attempted to book a flight and hotel online, but received an 'oops, something's gone wrong' message at the payment stage and have been unable to contact the travel agent today.

Phoned my bank who said that the payment had been authorised, but I should have double checked that this means that the payment will definitely go through? Best case scenario for me would be that the money isn't taken, as I've lost confidence in the travel agency.

Comments

• nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    I would say nobody can answer your question except the travel agency. Only they will know whether the "oops" message happened before or after the payment was taken.

Even the bank won't be able to answer this one definitively, I'm sad to say. If a payment has been "authorised", it is up to the agency to determine if they actually take it or not.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the help - that's handy to know. I will just have to call the 5p a minute phone number again tomorrow (cost me £4 so far - grr)
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with it.
    I don't blame you for losing confidence - if they can't handle your money what else can't they handle?
    And there's not much more annoying than calling a premium-rate number to correct their mistake, is there!
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • beecher2
    Options
    The only thing more annoying, is calling a premium rate number which doesn't get answered!
  • HAYLEY8005
    Options
    is it a travel firm you could go into on of there shops would save you the call and they can sort it for you
  • beecher2
    Options
    HAYLEY8005 wrote: »
    is it a travel firm you could go into on of there shops would save you the call and they can sort it for you

I booked through Thomas Cook but the stores can't help, and neither can their customer services! If you book a flight and hotel, you book through flexibletrips.com which is a separate division with only one premium phone number. Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure