Barclaycard - 17 months 0% BT

Options
Barclaycard have improved their 'Platinum with BT' card offer to give 17 months 0% on BTs.

There's a 2.9% BT fee but if you apply to transfer £3K or more before the end of January they'll give you £20 off the BT fee.

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal-home/cards/platinum-hero/platinum-0-interest/index.html

Comments

• PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    I think their exisiting 7 month 0% aint good, swear they had a 12 month one not long ago
  • Degenerate
    Degenerate Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Options
    PNPSUKNET wrote: »
    I think their exisiting 7 month 0% aint good, swear they had a 12 month one not long ago

An offer for 0% till Jan 2012, 2.9% fee just showed up on my on-line account in the past couple of days. This follows on from another 12 month offer they made in August, which I didn't utilise.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    never had the need to use it
  • kindofaverage
    Options
    hi all - if I apply for this card will they tell me what my credit limit will be b4 asking if I want to do any transfers. silly question I know but don't want to go over any limits etc. thanks
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    They don't tell you there and then what your credit limit will be; but when i applied i had to say if i wanted to transfer anything and how much i wanted to transfer. I got an acceptance straight away and then got told what my credit limit was in an e-mail a day or so later
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
  • kindofaverage
    Options
    thanks for that FREEZ, its just that I don't know whether to transfer ALL of the debt from virgin over or a part? If I knew the credit limit I was to be given I could then judge it. ahhhh
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a section on the online application that asks if you want to transfer an amount from another card; just put the full amount in. It will tell you at the end if your application has been approved (this is very quick); you then get an e-mail in a couple of days advising of your credit limit.
    I assume they will take into account the amount you want to transfer when they make their decision regarding your credit limit.
    At the end of the day they will make money out of the transfer fee
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
  • kindofaverage
    Options
    I took the plunge and applied on line but they didn't give me an immediate response like others have had. Instead they said they would let me know in approx 5 days. Has anyone else experienced this and been successful please?
  • richard734
    Options
    There are 3 possible answers for online apps, Yes, No, and we cant provide an answer at the moment. The answer you got can be a number of things from the automated credit check not processing in time, you being in a 'dodgy' postcode and further checks need to be made (normally a phone call from an agent) or your BT request is close to the limit that would be issued to you.
    Wait for the call :)
  • kindofaverage
    Options
    thanks richard734 I think I may have asked to transfer more than was allowed? I had read it was only 10% of your salary???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure