Revised bill from EDF

Options
Hi MoneySavingExperts,

I've just recently recieved my first bill from EDF based on estimated meter readings which are well over what I have actually used. Today, I have phoned EDF and got through to their automated system, where I submitted my actual meter readings.

However, how do I request a revised bill? I have tried loads of different options on their phone line and have checked their website but I can't seem to find out how. I have sent them an email but it can take up to 10 days for a reply and the bill is due in 5 days.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I should go from here?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help and advice you can offer.

Comments

• Tupperware_Queen
    Options
    not sure about EDF, but Eon send a new bill automatically if you send a reading after an estimated bill
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2010 at 2:10AM
    Options
    EDF send a revised bill when you submit a new reading in place of an estimated reading. It might take seven days to come. I guess your new bill willl have a new day on which it has to be paid. To be sure you can usually get through to an real person to ask whether the new bill will be posted out with the new readings and if it will have a new pay by date. You can also sign up to their online services so you can see your current bills online and if they change as a result of a reading yo give to them.

I circumvent this business by having them send me an email requesting a meter reading. This was great as there was Nectar incentive to do this under ther Read Reduce Reward scheme, but at the end of Dec 2010, EDF's connection with Nectar ceases, but they will still ask for readings. Not sure if you can still sign up to give online meter readings. They will tell you if you can.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long ago did you receive the original bill?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • BargainMad_3
    Options
    Still on the same kind of topic, I have just switched over to EDF and they requested an opening meter reading which I supplied online a few days ago.

However since then the status of my account is the same - states it is "awaiting" an opening meter reading.

The frustrating thing is there is no confirmation that your meter reading has been received so how do you know!? Is there any way of checking or do you just wait and hope that a bill with your reading will come.
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2010 at 3:55PM
    Options
    BargainMad wrote: »
    The frustrating thing is there is no confirmation that your meter reading has been received so how do you know!? Is there any way of checking or do you just wait and hope that a bill with your reading will come.
    Call them on, umm, they have an 0800 number for that sort of thing.
  • janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with EDF and have discovered if you submit a reading about a fortnight before your next bill is due (it tells you on their web-site, under your account info when your next due a bill) they will use your actual readings, I always done this and never had an estimated bill yet!
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • Tupperware_Queen
    Options
    if you are changing over, they have to wait for the old supplier to confirm the reading before it shows on the system, just had the exact same thing myself with changing from BG to Eon
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport